Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Cooper 25-06 model 52

Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default Cooper 25-06 model 52

Well I finally got in it and got to shoot it a little, still in the barrel break in period. I can only say that this may be the best rifle I have ever owned. I went with the Jackson Hunter in a fluted stainless barrel. The gun just fits me perfect, from the shoulder to the palm it is a perfect fit!! The 25-06 is my favorite round so I decided this would be the gun that I would buy it in. It is a little heavy but nothing that I'm not really used to. It has a very good balance for a 26 inch barreled gun. The red splash in the black stock looks and feels really good. The trigger is very crisp and sharp with no creep. The bolt is as smooth as butter. I will be buying me another Cooper in the future(after I save up a few coins), and it will be in a larger caliber. I just really like everything about this gun. Once I get the break in period done with this gun, I will have a better feel for the group that it is going to produce, but so far, it is outstanding!!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations. I've never owned a Cooper but they have an excellent reputation and great shooters. Good luck with it and can't wait to hear a report on it. It should be a dandy deer/antelope rifle.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Congratulations. I've never owned a Cooper but they have an excellent reputation and great shooters. Good luck with it and can't wait to hear a report on it. It should be a dandy deer/antelope rifle.
+2

Nothin' wrong with that !!!
Old 08-11-2012, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Congratulation . To me Cooper is 100% the best rifle's made. .
I love all my Cooper's.

Last edited by cooper_m22; 08-11-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

I have a handful of Coopers and they are all shooters.

Congrats and condolences as it wont be your last.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have that exact rifle...Model 52 Jackson Hunter in .25-06. I've had it for several years. Mine is a shooter also. My only complaints are: it is a tad heavy for caliber and I wish the wrist dimension and ergos were a bit different. That said, it's deadly on deer. I topped it with an older Swaro AV with the TDS reticle and it works wonderfully. Congrats on your new acquisition! Good luck and enjoy it (as i have mine).
Old 09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

A couple of weeks ago, I had the oppertunity to shoot a cooper 17hmr and it was awesome. I would love to have one if I had more $$$
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 270sniper
A couple of weeks ago, I had the oppertunity to shoot a cooper 17hmr and it was awesome. I would love to have one if I had more $$$
They are tremendous guns that is for sure. I will end up buying another one in the big bore. I really love mine.