Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

tikka whitail or t3

Old 08-20-2003, 03:35 PM

Default tikka whitail or t3

Does anyone have these guns? I am looking at it in 7mm-08 or .308 for MN deer. What can you say about them. i like the price and have been told are better than any Rem or Browning. Very smooth and the most accurate of any brand.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:04 AM

Default RE: tikka whitail or t3

Get the whitetail hunter if you can find one. You shouldn' t be disappointed. Just remember, rifles are finicky. What shoots well in one, may not hit a barn in another. And, there' s always the chance of getting one that slipped thru the QC department. I' ve handled several WH' s and they are fantastic rifles. Haven' t seen a T-3, but heard that they aren' t quite the rifle the WH is.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:32 AM

I currently have four Tikkas. One of which is a .308 Whitetail Hunter. It' s an extremely accurate rifle and very well made.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

A week ago I bought a Tikka Whitetail Hunter in 7mm Rem Mag. I haven' t shot it yet but so far I' m very impressed with the workmanship and the rifle as a whole. The bolt is unbelieveable how smooth it is.The triggers are adjustable from 2-4 pounds.Factory set around 3 pounds.I' ve been a Ruger fan for close to 30 years. I' ve always liked the M-77' s. After looking at these Tikka' s it hurts me to say the Ruger' s can' t compare.The Tikka' s are quite reasonable. I picked mine up at BassPro' s Hunting Fall Classic for 399.95. Then Sako makes clamp type rings for the Tikka' s.They run 40.00 and well worth the money. I was very impressed with them when I put them on. Just make sure you have them in the groove and carefully tighten them down. The Front Ring has a peg to stop any forward movement.I put a Leupold Vari XII 3x9x40mm.Hopefully I' ll find time to shoot it before the season opens.If not I' ll stick with my Ruger M-77 in 7mm R.M.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 09-01-2003, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was looking at the T3 yesterday in 308 winchester...bolt is smooth and the diameter is less than most US rifles the trigger felt about 3lbs and crisp...nice pointing rifle and very light..only hangup is the plastic bottom " metal" and the magazine.... I know mannlicher made a magazine out of a similiar material and it worked well but not so sure about the triggerguard.

Old 09-02-2003, 11:07 AM

I purchased the T3 synthetic in .308 about two months ago and mounted a Leupold VX-II 3X9 on it. Several 100 yard 3 shot 1/2" groups and one 3 shot 1/4" group shooting Hornady light magnum 150gr interlocs. Needless to say I am very satisfied with the rifle. I did have concerns regarding the polymer magazine initially but it feeds the rounds without any deformation to the tips of the soft point at all. And the action is so smooth. I' ve owned a variety of rifles of other makes and traded many off but this Tikka is one that I' ll keep.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:51 AM

I have got the 7mm-08 Tikka T3, and its the best rifle that I have ever owned. The bolt is extremely smooth, and will drive tacks! Just bought it at the end of July and just recently started sighting it in for deer season.

The magazine is made of hard plastic, is the only thing that I really don' t care for, but have had no problems with the feed of the bullets, which is also really smooth.

I don' t believe you will be disappointed in the rifle, I would highly recommend one..

Thanks Tikka for a great rifle.....

Good Hunting
Creeks_Ridges