Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Mossberg 500 Deer/Field >

Mossberg 500 Deer/Field

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Mossberg 500 Deer/Field

Old 12-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mossberg 500 Deer/Field

Hey everyone I just got the Mossberg 500 Deer/Field combo pump-action shotgun 12 gauge and I love it. The action is so smooth and the gun works great. I really like how this combo cam with 2 barrels and it was at such a great price. I will being doing a review video on this gun very soon also i will be doing other videos like shooting, cleaning, and changing out barrels of this gun. If you have a youtube account please subscribe to us.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CabinOutdoors?feature=mhee

Please leave comments if you agree or disagree about this gun.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the same shotgun in 20ga., got it for $299, put a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 on it, this will be a back up gun only to my prize...Savage 220f.

For the money I agree you can't beat this shotgun combo !!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

the 500 is a great gun
Old 02-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had one for about 20 years. Mine came with a smooth bore fixed choke (improved I think) field barrel and a smooth bore slug barrel with rifle sights. I have since added a vent-ribbed barrel that accepts choke tubes. The gun just does its job, no malfunctions or breakage. Don't expect any.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Spike

i have an slightly older late 80's mossberg 500 28" smoothbore that I've shot hundreds of rounds of turkey and buckshot loads. When I got the gun new, it came with the 3 standard chokes(I-M-F) and after shooting many loads found the full my favorite. I actually later bought a cheap x-full choke and it was too tight for buckshot, haha. I needed alittle spread, gimme a break from aiming so hard! Also, I loved the dovetail safety. Only complaint, the forearm rattled abit more than I liked. No failure problems with cycling, misfires, parts falling off, etc. Will absolutely never trade it for an 870!