Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Leopold vs. Zeiss

Old 08-17-2003, 08:12 AM

Default Leopold vs. Zeiss

Howdy,

I have a chance to purchase the Zeiss Conquest 3x9 40mm for $279 NEW, instead of the suggested retail of $399.
I am trying to compare this with the Leopold VX-II equivelent at $249 new.
At the moment I am shooting an old Savage .308.
Anyone have an opinion?

Also, With this purchase i can replace my Simmons Whitetail Classic 3X9 50mm. Can I put this scope on my 12 gauge slug gun or will the optics go bye-bye at the first pull of the trigger?

Many thanks,
T
Old 08-17-2003, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leopold vs. Zeiss

From what i hear from other zeis shooters who switched from leupolds that zeiss is better, try doing a search for zeiss scopes and u should get alot of replys found.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:38 PM

If it were me i would go with the Zeiss. Leupold is a great scope and you can' t beat the service but i just prefer Zeiss. Go look at both and decide for yourself. There both excellent scopes.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

Both are good scopes,matter of preference,BUT DON' T PUT THAT SIMMONS ON YOUR SLUG GUN YOU' LL BE VERY SORRY.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

My opinion is Zeiss as I just bought one this summer. I was all ready to plop down the cash for a Vari-X III and the salesman asked if I' d looked at the Zeiss. I said no, of course, since they are so expensive but figure what the heck as I lifted it to my eye.

" Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I hear the sound of Angels singing. It was like a revelation comparing the two. I think Leupold are great scopes and probably what I would buy if I couldn' t afford a Zeiss but after having looked through them both the difference was clear (literally).

Don' t take my word for it though. Go look through them both if you can. You should see which one works best for you. While you' re there look at the Nikons too. They are very bright and a little more affordable.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I' m not sure how this line of Zeiss scopes would compare vs the Vari-X III Leupolds. But I believe the Zeiss is a better scope than the Vari=XII' s.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

The conquest has better lenses than the varixiii so it would be my obvious choice.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:35 AM

I just went to the Ziess Scope and love it. I also found out that Ziess makes all the Scopes for the Military, that was a plus in my choice. Spendy ones they are but I guess you get what you pay for. Hmmmmmm think I heard that one before....Anyway good luck on your choice.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also, I found out that the Conquest scopes are made in New York. Always good to buy American.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:26 PM

At that price, buy the Conquest! It will be optically superior to the Vari X III. I am a lifelong Leupold user that found the Conquest about 1 1/2 years ago. I doubt I will ever buy another Vari X III.

Quick Reply: Leopold vs. Zeiss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.