Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Best aftermarket Recoil Pad? >

Best aftermarket Recoil Pad?

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Best aftermarket Recoil Pad?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can get Kickezz pads already made to fit to.I measured the the stock and printed out the ones that came closest.I then sat the stock down on the printouts and matched them up.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

I just installed the Limbsaver on my Browning. Exact fit for my A-Bolt Stainless Stalker (Cabelas had in stock). I did also see the Kickeeze pad-and when comparing the two the Limbsaver is noticeably softer, from what feels like hollow spots inside of the pad. The Kickeeze seemed like a denser rubber-it was still squishy but did not feel like there were any hollow cavities.

It's interesting that on the package the Kickeeze claims to absorb more than Limbsaver..I doubt anyone would be able to tell a difference unless they were shot/felt side by side.

Thanks again for the input.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Limbsaver does feel more squishy, however that doesn't mean that it absorbs more recoil. I have a kickeez on my 12 ga o/u and it performs extremely well! Hollow spots simply mean less material to absorb the recoil. Limbsaver pads do work well, and I like the slip on recoil pads they make for the sake of convenience, but if you aren't looking for a slip on, kickeez is the best from my experience.