Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
What's up with Ruger??!! >

What's up with Ruger??!!

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

What's up with Ruger??!!

Old 07-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Banned

Default What's up with Ruger??!!

Can anyone shed some light on Ruger's manufacturing philosophy?
Here's the deal; I want a Redhawk in .45 Colt. That model has been "unavailable" for monmths now. I have a locall gun dealer looking for me and he has access to several distributors and that gun just never gets made!
Does Ruger tool up for a certain production run of rifles, or pistols, and say to hell with the rest 'till later? I too look at availablility daily so I know my gun guy is being straight with me.

So.......... what's up with Ruger??!!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its probably just not that popular a caliber in a Pistol. Your likely correct that they tool up for certain popular calibers and wait until demand grows for other calibers.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

You could just buy the Redhawk chambered for the 454 Casull and shoot .45 rounds through it.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned

You think you could shoot .45 auto with a moon clip in the .454 Casull?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Ruger makes single action revolvers in .45 Colt, and I do not believe there is much of a demand for that caliber in a double action revolver. As Sfury mentioned, you can fire a .45 Colt cartridge in a revolver chambered for the .454 Casull so there is even less incentive for Ruger to make a DA revolver chambered for the .45 Colt. When was the last time Ruger made the Redhawk in .45 Colt?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

They make one now... At least they list that they make one. Ruger is horrible at producing firearms with any regularity. Especially the less desirable ones.

Having said that... if you think Ruger is bad try getting one of the new Keltec guns or a Kimber right now. Kimber is backed up a minimum of 6 months on all of their 1911's and getting a SOLO is, well...... next to impossible.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:11 AM
Typical Buck

S&W is backed up pretty badly with their Performance Center firearms too. I'm on month 3 of my wait for the 327 TRR8 I ordered.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

heres one on gunbroker
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=241966401#PIC
Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Banned

Thanks . . . did you notice three different prices all in one listing?! I'm "gun shy" of on line purchases like this. Besides, they want about $100.00 more than what my laocal guy is asking.
Not in a big hurry to get one either, just was curioous about Ruger's ways of production line policy?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dig4gold
Thanks . . . did you notice three different prices all in one listing?! I'm "gun shy" of on line purchases like this. Besides, they want about $100.00 more than what my laocal guy is asking.
Not in a big hurry to get one either, just was curioous about Ruger's ways of production line policy?
Pay no attention to the description price , the buy now and starting price are the gunbroker price , the seller has almost 3300 A+ transactions and gunbroker backs up the sale anyway. I bought lots of stuff on GB no problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.