Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Ammo Choices For 243 Winchester >

Ammo Choices For 243 Winchester

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ammo Choices For 243 Winchester

Old 04-06-2011, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

One day the right ammo forum will show up for my post but as of now I'm saying stick to something with lead in it. It will preform better.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks a lot guys for all the feedback on ammo choices.Gives me a lot of choices as to what I might want to shoot in the 243.Looking at the Midway website there are so many different bullets to chose from.Until researching it I did not know that the 243 is the sixth best selling caliber of all time.Thanks again. Mike
Old 04-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have always used the Hornady Custom 100 grain bullets in my Browning A-bolt Hunter Rifle and they have performed just fine for me...this is after taking down several large Doe's and 2 nice 8-Point Bucks not to mention about 6 Coyotes also!I use the Remington 100 grain Core-Lokt's in my Daughters Rossi .243 Single-shot Youth Gun and they work very well too!