Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Savage Edge?

Old 02-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rotorhead
I looked at the Savage Edge in .308, but I thought it looked really cheap. I ended up buying the Marlin XS7 .308, slightly cheaper and much nicer in my opinion. There are many articles putting the Marlin up against the Savage on the internet. You will not be sorry if you buy the Marlin XS7.
i have the xl7 in .270 and wow! how they were saying the savage has a trigger to be desired, the Marlin's is crisp and adjustable! i think down to 2 lb pull. but anyway this gun is dead on, i think savage is trying to do to much with the looks and make it look 'high tech' or 'higher end' but to each there own. i have a savage so i dont hate the brand. but from what i hear the Marlin XL7/Sx7 is better and comes in more options for looks. good luck. oh also i think the recoil pad on the marlin is a dream!

Last edited by huntingkidPA; 02-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rotorhead
I looked at the Savage Edge in .308, but I thought it looked really cheap. I ended up buying the Marlin XS7 .308, slightly cheaper and much nicer in my opinion. There are many articles putting the Marlin up against the Savage on the internet. You will not be sorry if you buy the Marlin XS7.
The only big problem with the Marlin is they currently are not chambering one in ,223.... which is what the OP is looking for.

If they did... I'd already own one. I wouldn't be suprised if in the next year they expanded the line and started making a heavy barreled varmint version of the X7 and selling it for $400 or so. 1911 handguns and varmint rifles are the fastest growing portions of the firearms market currently, and they ain't no dopes over there.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
The only big problem with the Marlin is they currently are not chambering one in ,223.... which is what the OP is looking for.

If they did... I'd already own one. I wouldn't be suprised if in the next year they expanded the line and started making a heavy barreled varmint version of the X7 and selling it for $400 or so. 1911 handguns and varmint rifles are the fastest growing portions of the firearms market currently, and they ain't no dopes over there.
marlin would definatly make money if they did that, i mean anyone who buys one is getting a steal.