Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
S&W Bodygaurd Pistols.. >

S&W Bodygaurd Pistols..

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

S&W Bodygaurd Pistols..

Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default S&W Bodygaurd Pistols..

Anyone have one of these for CCW? i am looking for a small frame 380 semi in the above mentioned gun. They are new, and don't know much about them. Any comments or should i be looking at something else?
Old 12-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

I am interested as well. I looked at one for the first time last week and it seems like a quality gun. I did read that they are having problems with the laser sights though. The one thing I don't like about the laser sight is having to turn it on/off with a switch near the end of the trigger guard. The Ruger LCP has a switch on the grip so when you are holding the gun, the laser is on. In a panic situation, I don't think you will be using the laser on the S&W.

That being said, I don't know if I care about the laser anyway. I am no self defense expert though, so maybe lasers are good to have; I just don't know.

I do like the idea of the safety on the S&W where the Ruger doesn't have one. I own a Glock .40 but would like a safety anyway. I think with proper training at the range, taking the safety off when drawn would become automatic. I do it hunting without thinking about it. It is easy to flick the safety off with the thumb on the S&W too.

Check out the videos about the gun on YouTube.com. There are lots of reviews there. I have turned to You Tube a lot lately for reviews of products as there are usually a bunch of people posting reviews so you get to see the product up close and in use w/o spending money on it first.

Last edited by ADVWannabee; 12-21-2010 at 11:30 AM.