Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
The Savage or the Nosler >

The Savage or the Nosler

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

The Savage or the Nosler

Old 12-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by joker5519
If I was going to spend in the $1500 range I would look at the Cooper rifles.
X2... only one problem, coopers are addicting
Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Spike

Remington Sendero, i have loved everyone i have bought. Only had one factory load that didn't shoot Sub MOA. I reload though and get closer to 1/2 MOA on all 3
Old 12-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go with the Savage and then spend the money on a good scope. That Savage will do great; they've ben producing great accuracy in that action for years, and that was long before the accutrigger appeared.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

i myself would buy the savage,its afordable and shoots great out of the box.the nosler would be nice but why when others shoot great for less.your money
Old 12-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Between those 2, there's no comparison. The Nosler is like a Rolls Royce compared to the Savage. Do you want something to be proud of and will hand down or do you simply want a tool? I agree that Cooper rifles is in the same category as the Nosler-or even better.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by stalkingbear
Between those 2, there's no comparison. The Nosler is like a Rolls Royce compared to the Savage. Do you want something to be proud of and will hand down or do you simply want a tool? I agree that Cooper rifles is in the same category as the Nosler-or even better.
Good to see ya around again stalkingbear!!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank ya Jeepkid!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

well if its a status thing then go for it,its your money,we see alotta fancy weapons here in oregon but i dont see where they are any better,its the shooter that makes a weapon shoot and chances are a savage is a hell of a lot more accurate than you are.not trying to be nasty but its all up to you and your wallet.stalking bear im thinking you are a gun snob.

Last edited by jdhogg; 12-19-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jdhogg I'm not a snob, I built custom guns for a living for about 30 years and can appreciate a finely built rifle. The Nosler is bordering on custom. Please learn something of what you're talking about before you spout your mouth off in regards to me being a gun snob or otherwise.

Originally Posted by jdhogg
well if its a status thing then go for it,its your money,we see alotta fancy weapons here in oregon but i dont see where they are any better,its the shooter that makes a weapon shoot and chances are a savage is a hell of a lot more accurate than you are.not trying to be nasty but its all up to you and your wallet.stalking bear im thinking you are a gun snob.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Jdhogg I'm not a snob, I built custom guns for a living for about 30 years and can appreciate a finely built rifle. The Nosler is bordering on custom. Please learn something of what you're talking about before you spout your mouth off in regards to me being a gun snob or otherwise.

it was a joke.dont get yer d%^$ in the ringer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.