Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Model 7 and Model 700?

Old 12-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Model 7 and Model 700?

Would anyone be able to tell me what the difference between the two rifles is? On the remington website, they look pretty similar and are priced about the same. What is the big difference?

thanks!

BHB
Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

The 700 comes chambered in short action cartridges, long actions cartridges and long magnum cartridges. The barrel lengths are typically 24 or 26 inches long depending on if it is chambered for a standard or magnum cartridge.

The seven is a short action rifle only and the rear bridge of the receiver is shorter than it is on the 700 by about a half inch to make an even more compact rifle than the short action 700. Barrel lengths on the seven are typically 20 or 22 (short magnums) inches long. The seven has a smaller barrel profile than the 700 does and they weigh about a pound less than the 700 does. If I'm not mistaken the seven's length of pull is shorter than it is on the 700 also. Basically the seven is more of a light weight, compact "mountain" rifle.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bottom metal on a Model 7 is much more flimsy than that of the 700, also. I don't know why they do dumb things like that.....