Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington 700

Old 10-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Remington 700

There is a special being aired tonight (Oct. 20) on Dish TV (CNBC), channel 208 at 9 p.m. ET. concerning safety problems.

dog1
Old 11-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

I know, the deer are not safe around my Remington 700. Shoots clover leaf holes at 100 yards.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coolest part is it does it without even being around the gun. Just gets bored and fires off a round.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

What ever happened to not leaving a gun loaded?
Old 11-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Duckbutter48
Coolest part is it does it without even being around the gun. Just gets bored and fires off a round.
Adjusting the trigger wrong, will do that.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:00 AM
bigcountry

YOu know, I watched this special. I have no idea why CNBC would try to dig up very old news like this and destroy remington.

I have modified several triggers so far on the 700. Yes, you can make that sear engagement very light and I can make it go off by hitting it with a rubber mallet. You can also not clean the trigger over years of use and over oiling with gunk and make the trigger unsafe. I believe this.

The only gripe I have is remington charged money to retrofit the triggers several years ago.

when I adjust a trigger, I littlerly beat the living daylights out of it with a rubber mallet.