Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
What is a muzzleloader? >

What is a muzzleloader?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

What is a muzzleloader?

Old 10-17-2010, 05:17 AM
Spike

Default What is a muzzleloader?

I am kind of new to hunting and dont no much about it yet. But I am supposed to go on a hunt in Nebraska and I found the season for muzzleloader but dont no what it is. Is it like a rifle or what. Please let me know I would appreciate it.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

A muzzleloader can be a rifle, shotgun or handgun. They all load from the muzzle only and use black powder or a replica black powder. There are several differnt types of ingnition systems too.

For hunting first thing I suggest to you would be to check the regs in the state your going to muzzleloader hunt in and see what they define a muzzleloader as. The definition varries greatly from state to state as to what is legal for hunting.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Spike

ok thanx. appreciate it.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a gun that you load by dumping powder down the muzzle, followed by some kind of bullet. The gun is primed with a percussion cap or another kind of primer. When the gun is shot, you need to repeat the same procedure to fire it again.

Once you learn the regs in your state, you can decide what to buy. Most are capable of excellent accuracy, and can easily take deer past 100 yds.