Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Husqvarna Rifles?

Old 02-28-2021, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

My guess would be after 11yrs the OP either bought it or no longer can buy it
Old 04-26-2021, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

This thread is a bit old, but I will add my 2cents...
A friend was showing me a couple rifles he inherited and knew nothing about...they were mid 1950s production Husqies...one in 7x57 the other in a varmint round...I forget which. Mauser 98 actions but civilian production and geared, with side swing safeties, wonderful finish and wood, butter knife bolt handles...just wonderful old world workmanship. Both were in near unfired condition. Some quick research showed they were manufactured for the U.S. market, and were quite popular. First rate rifles, for the money they would have been a fair bit upscale from the Winchester 70s and Remington bolts of the time. I found several in the exact model and caliber on Gunlist having sold for 2500.oo +. They have nothing in common with the post war sporterized 98s. These were factory built for civilian use.
I would have loved to have gotten my hands on the 7x57, but I couldnt have offered him anything close to what they were worth.
Old 04-29-2021, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vabyrd
Their motorcycles and chainsaws are pretty decent.
Their Swedish bikes had no equal.I can,t say for them now since they have jumped around bein made and owned all over the world.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by podunk kennels
Its a scandinavian mauser style action that was manufactured in the us by S&W H&R and sears. Its based off a model 98 mauser and many people compare it to a winchester model 70.
Excellent quality!