Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

howa rifles

Old 01-19-2010, 01:59 AM
Spike

Default howa rifles

does any1 know about these guns, never heard of them being talked about much, whats everyone's view on them
Old 01-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do people see the need to post the exact same thing in multiple forums.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by thndrchiken
Why do people see the need to post the exact same thing in multiple forums.
because it means more people see it and then more oinion's,,, you dont have to read them if u dont want to
Old 01-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps you should review the forum rules:
11. No spamming; do not post the same message in every topic with different titles, but with the same message. Only post your message into the topic it most relates too.

This one in particular.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Savage has Stevens

Weatherby has Howa

All excellent in their price range.

How about responses.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Howa rifles are made in ***an and decent quality for the money. With the right ammo sub moa groups are achievable. They are a little on the heavy side and the synthetic stocks could be upgraded a bit. A friend has one and is pleased with it. Buy a Weatherby Vanguard $399 and you are getting a Howa rifle that Weatherby sub-contracts to them. In my opinion you can't go wrong with a Howa. I would look at the Savage line before Howa.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Banned

I have an onion about them. When they scrape off "Howa", and scratch in "Weatherby", they sell better.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Accuratly funny.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Howa's are great rifles. I've owned two of them in 223 and 243. The 243 is one of the most accurate rifles I've ever shot. 5 shots in one ragged hole is the norm, which is slightly better that the $3500 custom 6.5-284 I have. The 223 will shoot 1/2" groups consistanly as well. The guns are a little heavy, but with Hogue stocks, they feel good. If you don't like the Hogue stock, buy a Vanguard. The reason I went with Howa over the Weatherby Vanguard, have owned one, was because the Howa have fully adj trigger, Weatherby has a safety mechanism that won't let you adj sear engagement, or get weight below about 4lbs. I've got both of my triggers set to about 2lbs and no creep. The actions are similar to a 700, but the machining is much better that the 700 sps. There are no tool marks or rough edges. These are great rifles, to me the feel better than a Savage, but just personal opinion.