Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Trigger adjustment on a Ruger Hawkeye >

Trigger adjustment on a Ruger Hawkeye

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Trigger adjustment on a Ruger Hawkeye

Old 12-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Spike

Default Trigger adjustment on a Ruger Hawkeye

I just wondering if their was a trigger adjustment on these rifles or not. I cant find anything about them in the owners manuel. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

From all I can find out about them, the answer is no, they are not adjustable. Ruger is notorious for having particularly bad "lawyer triggers." The LC-6 is not that much of an improvement over the old MK-II trigger. The only Ruger rifle with an adjustable trigger is the Varmint/Target version, and while adjustable it still leaves a lot to be desired, especially for a dedicated varmint/benchrest rig. I had an M77 MkII V/T in 22-250, and I did adjust the trigger, but the best I could do with it was what I consider barely adequate for a big game hunting rifle. It was still creepy and somewhat heavy. There are aftermarket adjustable triggers made for the M77MkII's and Hawkeyes. You can find them by googling "ruger hawkeye replacement trigger".

Mike
Old 12-21-2009, 05:59 AM
Spike

Thanks for the info!! Yea! I can't tell much difference than in the Mark II I have either. I wish Ruger would have came out with good triggers in their Hawkeye models. I know they use to have adjustable triggers on their older model M77.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is no adjustment, a smith can do for under $ 50 or so. Or you can buy an aftermarket trigger like the Rifle Basix or Timney for under $100. very easy to install. The LC6 is a vast improvement over the old Ruger triggers.