Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Stuck between - Sako A7 or Browning X-bolt >

Stuck between - Sako A7 or Browning X-bolt

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Stuck between - Sako A7 or Browning X-bolt

Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy has the Tikka, and totally loves it. I am assuming that this would be a one time purchase. Save a little longer and go with the Sako 85. Another option is to check out the Weatherby moa. They are reasonably priced, and Weatherby's warranty is second to none. I had problems with one of my old Wby's and all that it took was a phone call, and the parts were in the mail.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

As a Beretta rep I am a bit bias. I do own 2 Browning A-bolts and I like them. I also own a Tikka T3 Lite and even though the Browning has a nice action, it does not compare to the Tikka's. The Tikka has a 3 shot guarantee while the A7 and the 85 Sakos have a 5 shot guarantee. To be honest both my Brownings needed some type of work to get them to shoot to my satisfaction. One needed a trigger job and the other a bedding job. The T3 shot great right out of the box with several different loads. Fit however is the most important thing and if the Browning fits you better then get it. But if you decide on either the A7 or the T3, again, get it and don't look back. You can't go wrong with either the Browning or the Sako.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to muddy the waters, but you might also consider the Weatherby Vanguard Series 2. I picked one up in a 300 Win Mag for $505. They guarantee sub moa 3 shot groups, smooth action, great adjustable trigger, and I really like the synthetic stock.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Sako A7, but my X-bolt has the better fit and finish.

However, the bolt on my A7 is like glass.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Seeking perfection in one...

when it might be close in more than a few.
I've owned, knew close buddies who shot all. Would use any of them. But never needed to.

Good hunters make up for a centimeter of difference, if there is one.