Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Glock 27 vs. S&W M&P compact .40 >

Glock 27 vs. S&W M&P compact .40

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Glock 27 vs. S&W M&P compact .40

Old 12-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SureShot10
Has anyone here bought a new glock rtf? I am close to ordering the G19 with the RTF handle but I am told the next gen glocks will be debut early next year so I dont know what to do..

wait for the new ones to come out..you can still buy the old model, prolly cheaper
Old 12-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

I've held a Glock RTF pistol in my hands and the grip felt pretty good. I haven't shot one so can't say how it affects your skin or not. You might want to shoot one a little bit to decide if that's the best grip texture for you or not. Or wait till the next generation Glocks come in and have more choices.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have S&W M&P 40 sub compact and it's a good choice for ccw, But the glocks are a good choice as well, as is a sub compact Springfield XD .40 Might be best to check them all out in your hand to see what feels best to you, you really couldn't go wrong with any of the guns that have be mentioned.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for Glock, I've had a G-27 I guess for about the last 13 years or so. It hasn't been shot awhole allot but has never misfired,fed everything I gave it, accurate enough for my CCW gun.I have the Trijicon night sights on it.It was my primary carry gun for years. Recently I switched over to carrying a Ruger LCR only because of the comfort.

Let me start and say I haven't followed the modern S&W semi autos in years.I'm sure there's been allot of improvement over the years. I'm talking back in the mid to late 70's when the M39's and the M59's were available.The left allot to be desired.S&W has brought out allot of different models since the time I'm talking about.I'm sure by now they have it right and make a good semi auto.I was soured by them and it has left a bad taste in my mouth.
If it were me I'd go with a Glock that's been proven. Look at all the Police agency's that issue Glock's. I'm not bashing S&W. They make a fine revolver. As for their semi auto's I would look elsewhere.But that's just me.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Spike

go to the gun shop and look them all over yourself but i would go with the glock or the xd