Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger .380 cal.?

Old 09-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ruger .380 cal.?

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on that pocket pistol that looks like the Keltect .380 cal?
Old 10-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Spike

I might buy one , already have a .380 pistol but like the LCP.
2 friends have'em , great little carry gun ,shoots great regardless of ammo so far. There was a recall on the early batches of'em but thats been cleared up.

The Keltec ....good gun as well but I tend to prefe the Ruger.

Go to Gunblast.com for a review , there's a review on there.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-18-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

I recently bought one and am still getting used to it. I have only shot FMJ and hardcast handloaded ammo so far. It has digested either with no problem and is pretty accurate for such a little pistol. The trigger pull is long but other than that it's a good little carry gun that could be carried anywhere and anytime. It's very light weight and compact so you wouldn't think twice about carrying it.
I can't wear my shirt untucked so I am limited in what and how I can carry a pistol and with the Ruger LCP I can put it in either the front pocket or rear pocket in a pocket holster and it is completely concealed and no one is the wiser.
I would recommend getting one to anyone who has to carry a pistol deeply concealed.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a few friends that have them .I have handled them ,but have not yet shot one.From all I have seen they are pretty nice ,well made little guns..The .380 round is as small as I will go for self protection( Before the pissing contest gets started .This is just my personal decision on calibers.)I am seriously considering getting one of these instead of spending a grand for a .380 Seecamp.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

I just traded in my .380 Keltec for the Ruger LCP.
I never felt confident in that gun. I bought the gun new & from day one I had problems with it. I had numerous double feeds, & ejection problems. And no matter what ammo I had, it would jam. I sent the gun back to the manufacturer & they replaced the slide & barrel. The gun still would fire hollow points.

I paid $230 for the Keltec 4 years ago & the gun shop took that gun plus $150. for the Ruger. Yesterday, I shot a full box of Winchester (95 grains) along with some extra hollow points without any problems. I’m glad I made the deal.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

I have one and I love it. It goes with me when I would often have nothing. Light, skinny, shootable.