Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Gander Mountain false advertising >

Gander Mountain false advertising

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Gander Mountain false advertising

Old 10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I son used to be a manager at a large national chain store (wasn't sporting goods though) and he told me if you want to get taken care of you bypass all managers even regional and go straight to customer service.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

I knew someone who had a very similar problem with a Gander Mountain, complained to the better business bureau (or at least threatened to complain, i forget exactly) and Gander ended up honoring the advertised price. The reason big chain stores do stuff like that is because they get away with it
Old 10-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

I realize this is an older post but....
I had a similar issue about four years ago. Gander had the Remington 870 tagged at something like $204. Went home, talked to my wife and went back to the store. They rang it up at $241.... boy that's a lot of tax. The gentleman explained that the price displayed was with the $25 rebate from Remington. The tag did not state that. I voided the transaction and went home.
The next day a wrote a polite letter to their customer service group explaining the situation and asked for nothing... just wanted to log my frustration.
Within 24 hours, I received a call from the store manager stating they would honor the $204 price, with the rebate I got a brand new 870 express magnum for $179. They also threw in a free gun case.
I was very satisfied with the way they handled my concern.
I suggest politely stating your case to them and see what happens.