Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Rossi matched pairs, matched sets, and Trifecta's >

Rossi matched pairs, matched sets, and Trifecta's

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Rossi matched pairs, matched sets, and Trifecta's

Old 09-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rossi matched pairs, matched sets, and Trifecta's

Anybody have any expeience with these products? If they are of decent quality seems like a pretty good way to get a new hunter into several hunting seasons with one purchase ...

They have muzzle loader pairs in... 12 ga 50 cal, 20 ga 50 cal, 243 50 cal, and 250 Sav 50 cal,

Then, in other combo's they have 12 ga, 22, and 50 cal ... and many more combo's including some pretty good deer caliber barrels ... youth models with cut down stocks and 410/22 combo's

Anybody have good or bad things to say about these?
Old 09-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

We sell quite a few of the Trifecta youth models and have had very good feed back from the buyers. This model has a shorter stock with 20 ga. 22" barrel, an 18" 22 LR barrel and 22" 243 with a black, synthetic stock to complete the set. Very accurate and fit youth shooters well. It's a very good starter gun and the price is right for a touch over $200. It#S2022243YBS
Old 09-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info, I was aware of the youth models but never heard someone speak to the fit and usability for the younger sized consumer ... anybody else have experiences with/about these products?
Old 09-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

i had a ROSSI ML. and sold it to my kid brother ,it likes a tight loading sabot ,best bullet that i and he used were the HORNADY SST 250 gr. with 2 pelets T7 ...the barrel will rust very easy if u hunt in the rain .so keep it oiled and u will have no problems ..the breech plug will be hard to remove if u tighten it with the T tool which is furnished with the ML. i alway's finger tightened the breech plug and had no problems ..good ML for the money ..ps. a lot better than the PURSUIT LT ...
Old 10-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Spike

Default 410/22 combo

I bought one of the 410-22 several years ago to coon hunt with in the youth size. The 22 with a red dot sight is a tack driver. Last fall my youngest grandson took a 9pt with the 410 and a slug at 70 yards. That knocked everyone's socks off, but it was measured after the shot! I have never had any problems with that pair unless it was from some "hot" 410's I loadedd and didn't want to eject then. This wasn't the gun's fault, it was the reloader loading a might to hot. I liked the pair enough to buy a 12/50ml today. It is a good looking combo with a 12 rifled barrel and the 50 ML also. I am sure one of the grandsons will want to take it home with them tomorrow when we break it in. Paid $99.99 plus tax at Larrys in Huntsville AL for the combo nib. I just couldn't pass it up for that price. Several were sold there today for that price (weekend sale).