Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

T/C Venture

Old 08-17-2009, 04:31 PM

Unhappy T/C Venture

On 8/11/2009 I purchased a T/C Venture in 300 Win Mag. When I got it home, I went to set the trigger pull. It was set at the factory at 3.75 lbs. The adjustment screw was stripped and I couldn't move the screw one way or the other. Contacted T/C and their Customer Service person said they would send out a new trigger assembly. Today is the 17th and I still don't have the new trigger. Today, I called T/C back and the same Customer Service person said they couldn't guarantee the new trigger would be any better than the old trigger. their customer service dept was awful! Has anyone else purchased a Venture? If you did, did you have trouble with the trigger? I am now in the process of filing a Deceptive Selling Tactic claim with the Vt A.G. T/C has been awful through this whole mess. I guess I will get my money back and buy a Remington 700. I purchased a T/C because they are only about an hour and a half away from me in nearby Rochester, NH.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:38 AM

my venture was preset to the lowest setting, i adjusted it to a higher setinng just to see if it worked, and it worked fine, adjusted it back and left it. good luck with yours, i love mine, and plan on buying the 243 when it comes available