Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

won a gun!

Old 04-14-2003, 07:45 PM

Default won a gun!

well at a pheasants forever banquet i was awarded with a new savage .22 LR semi-auto, i dont know much about savage and i was wondering if these guns are pretty good quality? thanks, who_else
Old 04-14-2003, 10:18 PM

Default RE: won a gun!

Savage gun are great. They are probably the most accurate out of the box rifles made. You can visit their site at www.savagearms.com. Enjoy your rifle
Old 04-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great gun and the price was right...
Old 08-01-2003, 10:49 AM

I think savage .22' s are the biggest piece of crap!! (hey Pete call me up some time so we can go shoot your muzzleloader)
Old 08-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Matriarch Doe!

Congratulations! I have a Savage .22LR and love it!
Old 08-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on winning and those guns are junk, u should send it to me
Old 08-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Typical Buck

I won a gun once. A taxidermist was having a contest; if you brought a head in he would score it B&C and the best score won a free mount. If you brought in a head for measuring he would let you by a ticket on a Rem. model 700 in 30/06 for each head. I shot a moose a white-tail and a pronghorn that fall and though I had no expectation of getting the free mount I brought them all in and spent $15.00 on three tickets on the rifle.
About that time I had fallen in love with a Rem. 7600 pump in .35 whelen that Rem. had just brought out. So as soon as I found out I won the 30/06 I was on the phone to a sporting goods store that agreed to trade me straight accross. Then a buddy at work stopped in my office and said he always wanted a 700 in 30/06 and would I sell it to him. He said he was strapped for cash till after Christmas and I agreed to sell it to him for the price of the 7600 I wanted.

Turns out he was in on a conspericy with my wife. She had gotten him to buy the 7600 for me for Christmas and she knew I' d try to trade off the 700 and had got him to make me keep it till I had unwrapped the Remington box under the tree.

I later sold the 700 to a friend of my brother' s for $500.00.

Robin
Old 08-18-2003, 11:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every gun' s a great gun if its free!

If someone gave me a Remington 597, it would be a great gun too. If I had to pay for it, then it would be the piece of crap that it is.

Savages seen to nice enough guns for the money. They may not be as pretty as their more expensive cousins, but they' ve got it where it counts. I' m looking forward to getting the Savage model 12 22-250 as a varmint/coyote gun I' m currently saving for. I' m going to to get the cheapest blue/black composite version and spray paint it camoflague (Varmint Al is my artistic inspiration) rather than spending big bucks on a pretty Realtree stock. That way I can take the money I save on a fancy stock and finish and put it toward a nice scope and a reloading setup.

Mike