Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Thompson Icon 7MM

Old 01-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thompson Icon 7MM

Hey Guys,

I was looking into the ThompsonIcon 7MM. Anybody have one? Do you like it or should I continue looking at the Remington 7MM Mag. I have owned Remington my whole life, but I was looking into something different, but definitely in 7MM...Thanks,

JKC
Old 01-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thompson Icon 7MM

The T/C Icon looks like a sweet rifle, Too new for me to try just yet, for over $800. I'll wait and see how they do.
http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/icon.php
Old 01-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Spike

I see in your post you mention the Encore. If thats the case i can't help ya, but if you mean Icon I just got mine yesterday.I picked up a .22-250and just shot it today for the first time. Super smooth and the action is like butter.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

The reviews I've read were all very positive.TC guarantees all Icons shoot MOA and include a test target with each so I don't think you can go wrong.I've had great luck with the two TC's I've owned both in accuracy and reliability.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the input guys......................
Old 01-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is what I am waiting on right now in 7MM Remington Magnum.

http://www.sakoa7.net/

I own Remingtons' as well and this is a VERY nice rifle......

Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm an HUGE Browning A-bolt fan/owner and I know for a fact you can't go wrong with them. The TC Icon design/quality/fit/finish of the 1s I've handled look great but havn't got to shoot them yet.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Im still the one saying6 one way half dozen the other on 90% of the rifles out there...

From Ruger, Remington, Thompson, Tikka, Savage, Browning...all of these are solid guns and will last many lifetimes with the proper care....Go check em out handle em...pull the trigger if they let you...and find the one that feels right in your own hands...

I dont really think you will go wrong with any purchase in 7mm.

Ive been partial to my .270 model 700 only cause it is my newest rifle, but when i purchased it, it seemed to fit me better than the ruger m77 i was originally looking at. No difference in price....

7mm is definatly on a short list of calibers i would like to own....I think i would look and see what was available or even on sale. I know our sportsmans warehouse here puts some really nice gun and scope combos on sale that are leftovers or even from their display cases.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey Carpetbagger-unless the store put together the rifle/scope combo, Most of the factory combos usually put cheap scopes on them I wouldn't have on 1 of my .22 rimfires. I would HIGHLY reccomend getting a decent scope seperate. Just saying buyer beware.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM

The Icon is a nice piece,but if your looking for a above par bolt action then you might wanna try Marlins new XL7 25-06,270 and 30-06.This gun is a tack driver machine "so I here" capable of shooting MOA for 1/3rd of the price of the Icon.

Quick Reply: Thompson Icon 7MM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.