Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 new Winchester model 70 Featherweight >

new Winchester model 70 Featherweight

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

new Winchester model 70 Featherweight

Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default new Winchester model 70 Featherweight

I am looking in to getting a new Winchester model 70 Featherweight in a 7mm08 What I am trying at ask is, has any one on here shot the new model 70 and what do you think?
And I have read that some people think it is as good as a pre.64 model 70 is this true?

[align=center][/align]

[align=right]

[/align][align=center][/align]
Old 01-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new Winchester model 70 Featherweight

While I personally havn't handled/shot the new Winchester model 70s, all I can tell you is everybody that has is very favorably impressed by them. Remember these opinions are coming from guys that know their Winchesters, so I take stock in what they say. Wish I could help more.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

My area dealer has one in 06.The wood on this one is very nicely figured and one of the prettiest guns I've drooled over.If it were a 7-08 I'd buy it.I have read a review in American Hunter.Theirs was also an 06 and average groups were none to good.Most were over 2"@100yds but you can't put much stock in a single gun's results.IMO it looks to be a good quality gun.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help. Why I am asking when I was a kid the very first gun I ever fired was a pre 64 Model 70 in a 308 and that gun stuck in my mind for a lot of years now. But for some reason I never did get one, got a lot of other rifles but never a model 70.
Thanks for any help I can get from any one I just hope it is as good as what I can remember.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

All so I read in some of the Mags that FN has a accuracy guarantee on the new model 70 is this true? when I checked the winchester web site I can not find any thing on this.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rifle_man

All so I read in some of the Mags that FN has a accuracy guarantee on the new model 70 is this true? when I checked the winchester web site I can not find any thing on this.
I dont think it is and actual accuracy guarantee but here is whay I found on the wib site and a link to it.

www. winchesterguns.com
This results in 1 MOA accuracy for three-shot groups using properly managed barrel, quality match ammo and superior optics under ideal weather and range conditions.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/services/press/detail.asp?ID=47
Old 04-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Spike

Talking Model 70 featherweight

I have four model 70 featherweights, the latest is a 22/250 built in South Carolina, it will shoot better than 1 MOA (glass is a leupold 4 X 12 W/AO). Additionally, I like the rifle so well I'm trying very hard to find a 308 and not having any luck, it seems folks are buying them faster than they can make them! If you can find one in your area go look and handle the rifle, you may not want to put it down! If I had to pick between a Pre 64 and my Featherweight Winchester Model 70's I'd pick the lastest production rifles. They look good and feel good in your hands plus they are accurate!! William

Last edited by ra18657; 04-11-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I have an early 1990s vintage Win Model 70 (30-06). I can say without hesitation it is the most accurate rifle I own and have ever fired. I just had some work done to it installing a laminated stock (had black synthetic), glass bedded, aluminum pillars, custom crown on the end of the barrel, and new Leupold base and rings. At 100 yards the shot groups are touching each other. This is off a bench of course, but still very accurate.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

I would love to own the new stainless, wood stocked featherweight. I've looked closely at them and the workmanship and wood quality is better then the pre-64 versions. They are making some sweet rifles now.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

I have a new model 70 .270 Featherweight & I have nothing but good thing to say about it! I have other guns but I always seem to grab the model 70 more than all the others. It is dependable, accurate, & light. I say get it you will not be dissapointed, good choice with the 7mm08.

-South

Quick Reply: new Winchester model 70 Featherweight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.