Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Rossi Trifecta

Old 12-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rossi Trifecta

Has anyone here had any experience with the Rossi Trifecta. It comes with 3 barrels, a 20ga shotgun, .243 rifle, and a 22 long rifle for under $250. My son-in-law is new to hunting and was asking me if this was a good combination. His other option was a Mossberg 500 Field/Deer combo for about the same money. All comments welcome.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: Rossi Trifecta

my nephew has one along with a few others i know. they are a good gun imo the only problem i know with them is when u mount a scope on one u need to make sure that it is mounted in the back 2 slots on the mounts or it will not hold a pattern (do to vibrationis the only thing i can think of the front of the mount is not solid on the barrel overhange) i have also heard some say they have had a problem with the forearmhitting so they had to file some off i never had that problem. for the money if is going to something that is used on an ocasian it would b fine. i think if i was to buyanother one i would look into the nef i think theyarea little better made but that jmo
Old 01-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

a friend of mine bought one for his wife to get her into hunting and she loves it. as a matter of fact, after i get my ar built i plan on buying one. if for no other reason it will be a good extra gun to have around to let kids or inexperienced shooters use to get into the sport.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have the rossi matched pair and it is a decent gun. the bluing didn't hold up very well and started rusting pretty quick, but i have to take some blame for that. I didnt get all of the sweat off of it and there was rust on the bluing in less than 3 to 4 days.