Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

ruger

Old 11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default ruger

Im thinking im in the market for my first pistol. I was in the store today checking prices etc, and the guy was talking about rugers.

he was trying to sell me on a taurus but its not what i think i want.

ive got a cousin w/ a glock which he lovesbut the store guy trash talks glocks all day long. says he's seen 18 'blow up' on the range.

any advice? thanks,
Old 11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ruger

Rugers are great dependable guns.

Taurus are good dependable guns.

Glocks are great dependable guns but you either love them or hate them and he is a hater. I have never heard of one blowing up.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a fan of Ruger hand guns myself but really it seems to be a personal preference. What caliber are you looking for? Check out the SR9 if you are looking at Rugers. I really like it and to me is one of the better feeling handguns I've held.

Ruger handguns always seem to be very reliable although not the most accurate. Accurate enough to hit soda cans at 20-25 yards or so but not much moreso than that. That's my experience with them anyway.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:17 PM

I have a Taurus, Beretta, Glock, and Ruger. The Beretta is the 92-FS and it is a super smooth easy to shoot 9mm, I purchased the Taurus a few years before the Beretta and there is a distinct difference in the way they shoot. The Taurus which is assembled just like the Beretta does not shoot as well or feel as smooth. I have owned my Ruger for over 10+ and my uncle had it before me. I love that gun above all others. My most recent purchase was a .40 cal Glock 22 and if you want 100% reliable feeding, good shooting, and simplicity then you can’t go wrong. I would stay away from the Taurus unless you are purchasing a small self defense revolver. For a semi-auto you would be great with a Glock or Ruger. If it is your first pistol I would go for the Ruger.[/i]
Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 PM

another interesting gun to look at in this price range is the springfield armory xd. i had a 9mm with the 5" barrel and that thing was a beast jammed once on the first shot and never again also was about a bill less than a glock. The rugers are excellent guns ive owned a p95 and a p89 and they are not the most accurate guns but very reliable and built like a tank. hope this helps just my opinion good luck.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

me myself am a fan of the smith&wesson m&p but as for the glock blowing up I dont think I have ver heard of a glock really having any problems glocks are great pistols just not for me.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

but the store guy trash talks glocks all day long. says he's seen 18 'blow up' on the range.
Usually when someone has a Glock "blow up" it is because the nimrods are shooting +P, +P+, or reloadedammo in their Glocks. Glocks have unsuported chambers and these higher pressure loads will rupture and can damage the guns.

Same thing can happen with reloads because of the unsupported chamber. If the reloaded case enters the chamber oriented in the same way it did the first time it was fired then it can easily rupture and damage the firearm because of the weak spot in the case that an unsuported chamber creates.

IMO one of the best polymer framed hand guns on the market right now is the Springfield XD series. Excelent trigger pull for a striker fired handgun and excelent safety features built into the gun yet with no manual safety taht must be manipulated.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:20 AM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

IMO one of the best polymer framed hand guns on the market right now is the Springfield XD series. Excelent trigger pull for a striker fired handgun and excelent safety features built into the gun yet with no manual safety taht must be manipulated.
The new XD's do have a manual saftey now. I had the choice of if i wanted it or not when i bought mine. I love my XD 40 and will never get rid of it.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

what about a cz-usa? I found info on them and they look nice but Id like to hear some feedback if anyone has some.

www.cz-usa.com
Old 11-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Kahr CW9, good gun shoots where you are aiming , good price, and good for carry! My $.02

Quick Reply: ruger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.