Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Remingtom sps 700 270 WSM loading problems >

Remingtom sps 700 270 WSM loading problems

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remingtom sps 700 270 WSM loading problems

Old 04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
BKC

Default Remingtom sps 700 270 WSM loading problems

Hi All
I bought a Rem 270 WSM last year first got itwent to my brothers ranch to sight it in and shoot some coyotes well put one in the chamber two in the mag. Pulled the trigger to my surprise it kicked like a mule. This is the first new big game gunsince my 30-06 when I was 13 I'm 49. Anyway every time I eject the empty, the hot round won't go in the chamber gets stuck to the point I can't push the bolt and its dangerous. So I take it back and the sales man gives me a new gun sends the bad one back to Rem I get the new go to sight in It works but not that smooth so I clean and lube it up.Deer season comes I go two days in I harvest a nice 3 point I hit this at 180 yardsdeer just right it folds. That was end of last Sept did not draw in Wyo Colo or Montana Gun is in the safe I get a call last weekthat there are pigs on myfriends ranch come up aharvestthem all. Idrive 6 hours start hunting jump 20-25 pigs I shoot miss eject and number two gets jammed just like before.Now I think it's ammo buy two diff kid of shells same thing..SO AFTER THIS LONG STORY WHAT SHOULD I DO.And dose any one know of this problem with WSM's?

ANY POSITIVE HELP HERE WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remingtom sps 700 270 WSM loading problems

Yes I know whats the problem is. I had the same problem with my Remington model 700xcr in 270wsm. I fixed it with a Watts single stack box magazine. Cost around $38.00 The problem is that the double stack magazine cocks the cartridge at an angle. With single stack magazine the cartridge comes straight up in center of feed ramp. Once you install the new box magazine it feeds smooth like butter. That was the only complaint about the gun. Mine is very accurate and loves factory 150gr. Winchester Power Point ammo. I chronographed them out of my gun at 3200fps. I am working up a load with the new Berger 150gr. VLD bullets.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Here is their link for Wyatts.
http://www.wyattsoutdoor.com/
Old 04-27-2008, 10:34 AM

is there the same capacity in both mags
Old 04-27-2008, 12:24 PM
BKC

Default RE: Remington sps 700 270 WSM loading problems

Thank you for your input it sounds like this could do the trick. I really like this gun and it so much liter thenmy 3006 my father bought3006 for me and it was funny i told him about the 270wsm he was all pissed off he thinks one all around gun should last a life time and it would have if it was not so heavy and my hunting is so different from then to now. 700 were you able to replace it your self or was it had to install that you used a GS......... I hope this will work I don't want to go through the hassle of fighting with Remington and the gun shop I bought it from Thanks again
Old 04-27-2008, 12:29 PM
BKC

caza,
I dont care I'm only putting two in the mag and onein the camber now.They wouldnt load any way soI have become a better shot LOL. With short mags you loose a shell in the trade off in shell size
Old 04-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: caza

is there the same capacity in both mags
no it is not. Factory Remington say 3 round in the double stack magazine. Single stack magazine hold two rounds so you loose one round. So you actually have 2 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber for a total of 3 rounds in the gun. But I don't care. Gun is accurate enough I can live with one less round in the magazine.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BKC

Thank you for your input it sounds like this could do the trick. I really like this gun and it so much liter thenmy 3006 my father bought3006 for me and it was funny i told him about the 270wsm he was all pissed off he thinks one all around gun should last a life time and it would have if it was not so heavy and my hunting is so different from then to now. 700 were you able to replace it your self or was it had to install that you used a GS......... I hope this will work I don't want to go through the hassle of fighting with Remington and the gun shop I bought it from Thanks again
I had a buddy that works on guns from time to time do it for me. Magazine come with instructions. You need to do a little file work.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:12 PM
BKC

I thought caza was asking ifBoth 700 and 270wsm held the same amount of shells. But if I loose a shell and only have 3 and it ejects and loads like butter who cares....By the way 700xcr I went to the wed site which magazine box is the oneI need if you remember so I can just have the GS at the store install for me I thought it would be the CFE-5 I'm prob wrong
Old 04-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

I grabbed my reciept and it is the CFE-6 magazine box with follower

Quick Reply: Remingtom sps 700 270 WSM loading problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.