Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 PETA targets youth hunters >

PETA targets youth hunters

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

PETA targets youth hunters

Old 04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default PETA targets youth hunters

Check this article out. PETA is demading that pictures posted on a Wisconson school classroom bulletin board of students hunting be taken down. Got to hand it to the school principal, he basically told PETA to stick it.

I got a kick out of the quote from PETAimplying that young hunter will grows upto be violent against people. I grew up close to Oakland California where the murder rate was about 200 per year, I don't recall those home-boy gangsters being animal hunters. I wonder what the murder rate is in the town in Wiconsom is where the kids are posting their hunting photos?

http://www.twincities.com/wisconsin/ci_8951197

Look at the bottom of this article, it asks for readers opinions: GO FOR IT!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PETA targets youth hunters

linky no worky
Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Got the link working now. Thanks for letting me know Briman!
Old 04-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

geez, if anything hunters are animal lovers.....I've met/known non hunters who though animal cruelty was funny etc....if anything its the complete opposite.....I would be surprised to find hunters who though animal cruelty etc...violence was ok.

also PETA? they sound all nice but anytime Ive read/heard anything on their views/facts they're complete nuts!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the article the PETA person states :
"There is a very strong connection between animal abuse and abuse toward human beings," she said. "As far as we're concerned, hunting is animal abuse. In these days of school violence, we shouldn't be encouraging kids to pick up guns."
In my opinion just the opposite should occur, we should be educating our young children about guns and we should be encouraging them to pick up guns, and be responsible with them whether they are interested in the outdoors/hunting or not. Personal protection is a must...
Old 04-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Propaganda and lies should come as no surprise.Tobacco companies and Beer commercials target the up and coming youth to ensure a future market.Moto: catch them young before they grow brains!!! Harold
Old 04-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

"There is a very strong connection between animal abuse and abuse toward human beings," she said. "As far as we're concerned, hunting is animal abuse. In these days of school violence, we shouldn't be encouraging kids to pick up guns."
If you have no facts, all you have to do is make them up- the bigger the exaggeration, the better. If you repeat them enough times, people will start to believe them. The propaganda technique was coined by Adolf Hitler and has been used by every political extremist since- because it works.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:39 PM

Wish i had a principal that was that cool....
Old 04-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I was in HS, I had a biology teacher who ran a school-wide big buck contest every year.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

My high school biology teacher and I went duck hunting together after school. I went home and got my stuff ready and he came picked me up in his Ford pinto with the Black Lab. Went hunting till shooting hours was up.

Quick Reply: PETA targets youth hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.