Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Nosler 48 Sporter anyone?? >

Nosler 48 Sporter anyone??

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Nosler 48 Sporter anyone??

Old 01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nosler 48 Sporter anyone??

Anybody own any Nosler firearms? I saw the Nosler 48 Sporter in Field and Stream....won a "best of the best" award. Seems very nice and I want one!! Any feedback on any from owners??
Old 01-03-2008, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nosler 48 Sporter anyone??

I've never seen (in real life) or shot one. They do look great in pics (and probably are) but I'm thinking they are pricey... like starting @ $2500.00. I may be wrong though.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

hope this helps

http://www.nosler.com/index.php?p=1&bullet=18

Keep us posted if you buy one...............$2,600.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

For that price I'd rather get a custom, or a HS Precision.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I handled one, but did not shoot it. It felt like a smoothed up Kimber. Similar to the original Kimber 82's in quality. By smoothed up I mean the stock-the seller would not allow the bolt to be worked(can not blame him). The rifle could be a great investmet. I can remember when nice Dakota's could be bought for just over $1,000. Look at them now. I have a LH 280 Dakota in the safe I bought close to 20 years ago. It is probably worth 3 or 4 times what I paid for it. That Nosler rifle, if taken care of, will be a great rifle to hunt with, and should also be a great investment. Tom.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

By smoothed up I mean the stock-the seller would not allow the bolt to be worked(can not blame him).
Well, then if I was his potential buyer, he wouldn't be making a sale. If cycling the bolt could harm the rifle in any way (which is its NORMAL FUNCTION, after all), then the rifle is an unsafe POS that isn't worth a penny anyway. I will not buy a rifle that I can't handle, including performing a full function check to my satifaction. Bolt fit and function is a major factor in choosing a rifle IMO, and I want to know if that $2500 rifle has a sloppy or sticky bolt. I'm not just going to take it on faith that just because it costs more that a full-custom job on a Rem 700 that it's perfectly made.

Mike

Old 01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

I agree if the guy is that picky about the rifle he should keep it. For the price I would definately build a custom chad
Old 01-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are not talking about a Savage here. We are talking about a high end rifle. Try to pick up any high end rifle at any show and play around with the action. You will soon either get a dirty look, or a rifle taken away from you. Anyone who buy's a high end rifle does not want every Tom, Dick, and Harry at the show to handle the rifle. Ask permission first, you will normally be allowed. However with a hard to get high end rifle, you might have to prove you are a buyer first.

This rifle could even be considerd a collection type rifle, and I promise you the buyer would not want the action cycled. Tom.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

For that price I'd rather get a custom, or a HS Precision.

HS precision is a sem-custom and a custom would cost twice that with a proprietary action.

The Nosler 48 unless I am completely mistaken is a Howa action that has been scalloped for lightweight purposes and is built by a gunmsith in Texas whose name I forget that specializes in accurate Howas. I think for the weight .stock features and looks it is a fine rifle. This ain't no stinking Kimber or Kimber lookalike I can tell you that.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

This ain't no stinking Kimber or Kimber lookalike I can tell you that.
Here is my original quote "Similar to the original Kimber 82's in quality."

By originlal Kimber 82's I mean the Oregon model's. It sounds like you know a good bit about the Nosler's.Actually a good bit more than I do. My comment was merely on the asthetics of the rifle. I would have to say the Nosler was of a lower quality(asthetically) than the original Kimber's.

I do have one of the newer Kimber Long Master Classic's, as well as my older 82's. I will agree that the older Kimber's are a better quality rifle. But I can find nothing wrongwith the newer ones But then I paid more for my older 82's than I paid for the new Long Master Classic. Tom.

Quick Reply: Nosler 48 Sporter anyone??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.