Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Best conceal carry pistol for self defence. >

Best conceal carry pistol for self defence.

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Best conceal carry pistol for self defence.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:22 AM

Default RE: Best conceal carry pistol for self defence.

Check out the KAHR line of pistols before you buy anything. They conceal as good as or better then the Baby Glocks. I personally carrya Kahr P45 in a quality leather holster with an Uncle mikes belt.

A quality holster and belt will give the peace of mind that the gun is not going anywhere that you don't want it to, and will make you more comfortable in carrying for the long haul.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have Carried for just about 11 yrs as my life was threatend......I started with a Colt 45 auto,a Ruger andhad two Kahr Auto's...The CW9 and CW40.......The one thing I will tell you is to shoot atleast 150 rounds thru them before you carry......Being how they have a offset feeding ramp(the reason they are slim and nice to carry)they need to get broke in real good....I shot around 200-250 before I carried them,I had the CW40 as my main and the 9 as a backup in my veh......
I now carry a S&W 908 in 9mm(i like the 9mm's)...........You need to get one that fits you and your daily activities,you also will need to make some adjustments on how you wear your cloths,if you wear a OWB a IWB,shoulder holster or SOB holster your dressing habits will change i.e.if you wear a size 34 waist you will mighthave to get a 35-36 waist pants to carry a IWB,SOB holsterand be compertable and so on.....
Carry for the right reason....Its not a thing to take lightly.......
Old 12-19-2007, 02:22 AM

I want to thank everyone for the advice and first hand knowledge. I picked up a used CZ 40B ( 40 cal )to play with for now. The gun is used but only has 50 rounds of amo run threw it. I will be hitting some of our gun stores in the area and be looking for a good belt and holster that will fit this particular rig. For the price I payed for this gun, if I do not like it I will place it in the gun safe and start over with a little more knowledge. Once again, THANKS !!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:02 PM

anything small that you will carry. sounds obvious but a lot of people get 1911's and find out that its to big and heavy to carry on a regular basis. also, self defense is usually up close and personal...within feet not yards distance. any small frame pistol in 380, 9mm, 40 or 45 made buy a quality company on a quality design is the way to go. even a small frame 38 spl fits the bill,DO NOT bet your life on a cheap, poor quality gun.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:29 PM

TAURUS has came out with a m905 revolver in 9mm snub nose nice small hide away gun. it is a good one for law enforcement with 9mm autos so ammo will be the same
Old 12-20-2007, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

I have a XD40 that is awesom. Although it may be too big, you might look at the compact version. If it's anything like the full size one I think you will be pleasently surprized.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ohiohillbilly

1911- Springfield, Colt, Kimber, NOT Taurus, take your pick.

Nice and slim so it doesn't "print" against your shirt.
I don't really like the feel of the grip safety but being able to walk around with the manual safety off and not having to worry about blowing a hole in my leg makes up for it.
Let me guess? You carry with the hammer down, too? You are supposed to have it loaded, the safety on and hammer back in carry mode (cocked and locked)...not supposed to just rely on the grip safety!

If you don't believe me, go ask some experts on 1911 forums...but I urge you to look into it.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:56 PM

Steyr M1A with a .357 sig barrel, H & K USP compact in .357 sig, and for light clothing I carry a German Walther PPS in 9mm
Or a Rohbaugh R9S 9mm. They are all great guns, but one will usually be better than the others depending on the situation.
I hope this is helpful.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Great Gun!!

Old 07-05-2008, 12:07 AM

A slim 9mm that holds typically around 15 rounds. Deadly when accurate and they usually are!

Quick Reply: Best conceal carry pistol for self defence.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.