Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Styer..

Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Spike

Default Styer..

OK...Question for you guys..
I have no experience with Styer rifles...But I saw one this weekend that I really like.
Its a Styer Mountian Rifle in 308 with a Leopold VariXII 3-9x40 and a Harris bi-pod.
The price was around $900.00 used...I really liked it, it fit well and felt good..
But I know nothing about them..!...Can some of you guys shed some light..Good, Bad or Ugly
Thanks
Brett
Old 12-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Styer..

"Steyr". not Styer.

They make top quality rifles. I have owned a couple of 202's. The 200 is a great mid range priced rifle. Tom.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had the Steyr Forester in 7mm-08 with the 23.5 inch barrel. Beautiful workmanship(It is Austrian)and a very nice gun. Guys at my gun club tell me they are drills. Top drawer and I paid 599 for it NIB from CDNN investmentshttp://www.cdnninvestments.com/just download their catalog..they still have a little of each rifle in all price ranges.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

"Steyr". not Styer.

They make top quality rifles. I have owned a couple of 202's. The 200 is a great mid range priced rifle. Tom.
Tom

You may can spell Steyr, but the 200 and 202 are SAUERS.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

"Steyr". not Styer.

You are absolutely right. My mistake. I had the Sauer's, not the Steyr's.

I had a friend who had a left handed Mannlicher-Steyr in a 308 Winchester. I owned the Sauer's around 1985. My memory is getting bad. I had the one's that had the switch barrel's. Sorry for my mistake. Tom.

Tom

You may can spell Steyr, but the 200 and 202 are SAUERS.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are absolutely right. My mistake. I had the Sauer's, not the Steyr's.

I had a friend who had a left handed Mannlicher-Steyr in a 308 Winchester. I owned the Sauer's around 1985. My memory is getting bad. I had the one's that had the switch barrel's. Sorry for my mistake. Tom.

Tom

Tom
You have excellent taste in firearms. I have a Sauer 202 Outback in 270 wcf and am in the process of trading for another Outback in 22-250. The Sauer is a bit pricey, but it is the best feeling, handling, and shooting gun that I own.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Spike

OK...Guys...Thanks for response andcorrecting my spelling...Steyr...I will get it right
I got one positive response fo the Steyr...and a couple for the Sauer's...But the rifle in question I am looking at is the Steyr Mountian in 308....So I am still curious are they good guns and is the price decent..??
Maybe I should have asked on the other forum..? There sems to be more activity there...I am still new here..

Brett
Old 12-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Steyr= a great gun the price your being charged is a little on the highside when you can buy a newer one for the same price less the scope
Old 12-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Spike

Yea OldElkHunter...I to was thinking that but when I start thining about the math...I wonder..
CDNN says $699...And if I remember right I think they are in Texas...So I have to pay tax plus shipping plus FFL fee to local dealer...That puts the gun alone at 850 to 900 to my dealer then say 75 or so for base and rings, whats the Harris bipod...75..?.and the Leopold scope..good deal 300...so we are at 1300 to 1400 pretty quick..The Steyr website says msrp on this gun is around 1500...GunsAmerica had some I thought for 725 and up...So thats pretty much a wash.......See you guys are great..I am talking myself into the money..!!........I would just like to hear more on the gun itself..!
Thanks
Brett
Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

If your in texas you'll pay tax on that or the other gun your looking at right? CDNN charges 12 dollars shipping I believe and your ffl should do it for about 25 bucks. The model they have is the stainless steel model and depending on your caliber it runs from 649 up. The only thing you have to be concerned about is service...they have a place in Mississipi that has a very competent gunsmith and they don't go wrong usually. It uses ABolt bases so they aren't that expensive

Quick Reply: Styer..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.