Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 TC Triumph or Encore Muzzleloaders >

TC Triumph or Encore Muzzleloaders

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

TC Triumph or Encore Muzzleloaders

Old 12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Spike

Default TC Triumph or Encore Muzzleloaders

I'm looking for a new Muzzleloader and I've narrowed it down to two. With the Encore you have the option of adding different barrels but I'm not sure if I'll use that..

Can you guys give me any advice? How often do youswitch barrels on your Encore?

Thanks for any info...
Old 12-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TC Triumph or Encore Muzzleloaders

I have an Encore 50 cal muzzleloader and I really enjoy shooting it. I did own a 7mm-08 barrel for mine, but never did use it much, so I sold it to another member of these forums.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Encore,you'll love it...
Old 12-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Both guns will perform equally as well it just boils down to will you ever change barrels. If not then it's just down to which muzzle loader you prefer. I have the Encore and have rreally enjoyed it...
Old 12-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son and I both have Encore "ProHunter" muzzleloaders, and they are plenty accurate. I have owned several Encores over the last several years and have never changed a single barrel once I got it set up. That being said, if the a Triumph is cheaper, I would go with it, but if you knew for sure that you weren't going to change barrels, my first choice in a T/C muzzleloader would be an Omega.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot plenty of Encore ML's and enjoyed them. I have yet to handle a Truimph but want too! I am thinking hard about adding a TC to my closet and its between these 2 as well. Though I will never change the barrel and the extra costs of the prohunter I am not sure I can justify. Right now am leaning towards the Truimph.

I have also shot plenty of Omega's, not my favorite gun I must admit. If it were between the Encore and Omega, no debate I'd dish out the extra coin and buy the encore. Just my 2 penny's worth.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Spike

I really like the feel of an Encore ML but, the triumph is a breeze to clean with the breech plug you can remove without a tool.
very sweet. haven't done a lot of range time but Saturady we were at a friends farm shooting and he shot a hole trhough my hole.
I could not justify the encore price. I do not need the option for a rifle right now.
Thr triumph is the way to go in my opinion.
the encore is probly well over $1000 with the second barrel and a scope.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

I found one used a stainless encore for $400 if you look around there aresome deals out there. Watch the classified!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:55 AM

I love my muzzleloaders. I love my Encores, I own three. I also own a T/C Blackdiamond. I also own a nice assortment of barrels for my Encores, from .223 to .405. I can add another barrel in any caliber with mounts and a top quality scope for $550. In my opinion, it's a no brainer, invest in an Encore and you have versatility for the future. My personal opinion is to buy a regular stainless Encore and not a Pro-Hunter. I don't think you gain anything by spending the extra money. A 26" barrel is sufficient and I don't thing you gain anything ballisticly by adding the extra two inches to the barrel length. Most ballistic test data is generated using a 24" barrel.