Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 TC Icon ..who has handled one? >

TC Icon ..who has handled one?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

TC Icon ..who has handled one?

Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default TC Icon ..who has handled one?

My local Ganders has 2 of them..nice stock and not much else. I think the guy that designed this rifle is related to the guy that designed the diver mask Leupold scope. 999.00 wow how things have degressed in the firearms business. They had a S&W bolt next to it and it seemed pretty nice but I couldn't pull the trigger or take it apart for further examination...it was selling for 699.00
Old 11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TC Icon ..who has handled one?

After a long wait , the T/C Icon has been a big disapointment in my opinion. The wood has been plain jane, the bolt handle and cocking indicator are gawdy bright finished silver color while the action is a matte black and the barrel is somewhat glossy. For me anyways the rifle looks mismatched. The only thing I like on it is the integeral weaver style base. In a recent NRA magazine their test rifle averaged over 2 inch groups.They docome witha computer generated test target, which the groups I have seen are just under an inch.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I handled two of them at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. I totally agree with DoubleA. I actually find it hard to believe that TC put this rifle out. The first one's were suppose to have great wood. I found the wood to be slightly above average. But in no way exceptional. But then who knows, TC is probably the most successful, money making gun manufacturer. So maybe they know something that we do not know?? Tom.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:42 AM

From what I can gather when S&W bought T/C some changes were made in the ICON. They even brought out a Smith model first based loosely on the same action w/synthetic and plain metal finish.

I know I was pumped to get one when they first reviewed them. The reviews were nothing short of a shooting masterpiece, then suddenly the latest reviews called it a gun, nothing more or less. The overall rating dropped and the price kept raising with each review. I think Smith&Wesson done screwed the pooch on this one. Not only is it heavy, less accurate than initially and not as appeasing to the eye, but it also got a matte finish on the reciever and the price went from $799 to $1199 Problem here somewhere!

I am glad my gunshop wouldn't take my money when I wanted to go ahead and put a deposit on one nearly a year ago.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Read several magazine articles on that gun: One called it a "tack driver" despite the fact that it got 2" groups. i owntoo many heavy guns and do not need another heavy gun that shoots worse than my iron sited and sporterized, lightweight Springfield 03.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

They had a S&W bolt next to it and it seemed pretty nice but I couldn't pull the trigger or take it apart for further examination...it was selling for 699.00 [align=right][/align]
We are still waiting on our Icons but that Smith I-bolt is garbage IMHO. The bolt binds as it is worked, the bolt handle and knobis way too small and canactually be painful tothe palm of your hand is worked fast. Getting the bolt out of the gun takes for ever finding that stupidlittle dog leg slot machined into the bolt body and I really don't like the idea of the sear also acting as the bolt stop.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:51 PM

11/21/07

I bought a 30TC Icon today. What a shooter within a few shots was sighted in at 100yrds. Then shot three shot groups with two in one hole and the third less then 1/2 inch out very impressive. see attachment'[email protected]
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

So yours can shoot but what about the bolt function? Smooth, sticky? What about fit and finish?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:48 AM

good questions, Ithink the finish on mine is very good. The bolt is just a bit tight when closing and the fit on everything is good too. The only thing I found is befor putting on the scope you need to adjust the triger if you are going to its a pain after the scope is on.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: TC Icon ..who has handled one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.