Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 My quest for True MOA is over!!! >

My quest for True MOA is over!!!

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

My quest for True MOA is over!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My quest for True MOA is over!!!

I GOT THE GUN!!!!

I took the Browning Stainless Stalker with BOSS to the range today...

The gun shot AWSOME!!!

I bore sighted and fired the first round... WOW no muzzle jump... Gun just came stright back... I didn't bother to move my POI... I just decided to try and shoot a group...

I shot 5 shots that you could just about cover with a quarter... After that I decided to dial it in... Once I got it sighted in about 1.5" at 100 yards, I started shooting groups... I shot 3 diferent groups... 1st group was .770(3 shot)next group was .496(5 shot)then the last group was .579(3 shot)... This was done with the BOSS set on the factory setting of zero and with Winchester power point ammo... the cheapest stuff I could buy... I bought this ammo just to shoot the gun and to get some brass... I never thought it would shoot this good with factory ammo...

Everything about this gun felt good... THIS GUN HAS FOUND A HOME!!!!

As I was leaving the range a guy walked up and was checking out my rifle...He asked me how I liked it... I showed him the groups and he said He had a Browning A-bolt with BOSS also and that his gun shot a little better than mine... He asked if I messed with the BOSS and I said no... I was happy with the way it shot...

Browning baby Browning

Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My quest for True MOA is over!!!

I'm glad ya listened to us-ain't you? I knew you would like the boss a-bolt.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea buddy!!! Christ I bought a 180.00 worth of reloading !@#$ and don't think I can get it to shoot much better... Oh well I'll save a few buck at the very least
Old 08-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice. BTW, I think you'll get a lot more satisfaction taking game with handloads than you will with the factory stuff, no matter if your handloads are more accurate or not. There's just something special about doing it with loads you built yourself.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I may have missed it, but what caliber is your gun?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

7mm Remington Mag...
Old 08-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I noticed you have spent alot of time and thought in your decision's in what to buy. I would say that confidence had alot to do with the groups you shot. You expected it to shoot good so you probably did the right things to make it shoot well. Confidence is key. Tom.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:18 AM

Nothing like beating your goal. Sub MOA is a great thing to achieve with a factory rifle.

About the guy at the range that states his rifle shoots better than yours. I can, with almost complete certainty state, his does not. Every range warrior will claim that their rifles shoot better than everyone else's. Be happy knowing your rifle kicks ass and shoots sub moa, and he is probably full of crap.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
bigcountry

I agree the Abolt are generally a accurate gun. Only thing I have noticed with mine is cold bore leaves alot to be desired. You ought to check or note the impact on first shot with oily clean cold bore.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've done some experimenting with my A-Bolt 7mag, and I have found that the cold bore shot hits exactly to the POA. This year I am taking it a step further once I work up my new handloads, I'm going to sight in shooting a 3 shot group with a good 20-30 minutes between shots.

Quick Reply: My quest for True MOA is over!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.