Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Henry Rifles

Old 07-03-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Henry Rifles

Hey all, Im just wondering if anybody can give me any input on henry rifles. Especially the .22. If they are any good and worth it. Thanks for any input
Old 07-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Henry Rifles

i love mine, it was just the cheapest henry they make, i'll post a pic and model number in the next day or so,

the pluses

super smooth action
reasonably accurate
has a good feel
will cycle and feed any ammo s,l,& lr that i have tried

so far the only downside i have noticed is the sights could be a little better, the rear sight looks like one from a "red ryder" and the hood on the front side is a little flimzy IMO, i bumped mine and it fell off, but i tightened it up and it has since stayed put (it kind of clips/slides on), last but not least i'd buy another in a heartbeat, its just that much fun, i really enjoy shootin cans with the lever guns, i also have a marlin 39, and an 1894 in 41 mag. the marlins are heavier guns, but for fun plinking and w/o breaking the bank the henry is a neat little .22 and easy toting

well worth the money, mine cost 199$

if i were buying a bigger bore i'd go with the marlin, just because i love my .41 mag, the henry big boy may be just as good a choice but i have not had one in my hands

Old 07-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are great little rifles to play around with. I wouldn't mind getting one myself but I already have so many .22's that I don't get to shoot all of them. I've always liked lever actions though and have several Marlin's though I've shot the Henry's and they are fun to shoot.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had jamb issues with mine even after it was repaired. i wanted to buy a made in america lever gun but it didnt hold up for me. the prices have nearly doubled on them since they first came and i dont get it. honestly for an extra 100$ go with the marlin or winchester 22 lever. they have a long track record. to me its worth it.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

I am having jam issues as well, it can be frustrating. I keep hearing nightmares about people trying to send a rifle over the Canadian border for repair so I am just going to live with it. I have to admit, when I am not trying to pry/shake/poke a jammed shell out it does shoot terrific.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:08 PM

I had one of the sub $200 ones and it was great, wish I would have never sold it. Probably the most accurate 22 rimfire I have owned out of the box. And mine worked flawlessy with any ammo. The only thing I didn't like was the plastic barrel ring in the front.

My dad has a marlin and it's a very nice gun, much better fit and finish. Not as accurate as my Henry was though. And they cost quite a bit more, but they are built better and have better resale value.

Paul
Old 07-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never had a bit of trouble with my .22, Accuracy is very good. I'm gonna keep it.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

They are made on the old Ithaca 72 tooling.Wish I never sold mine same crude sights but more accurate than most bolts when scoped.Made by Erma in West Germany great barrels.The Henry's just look cheaply finished to me and they didn't address the former flaws.Kinda like the VW beetle..................Harold
Old 07-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Henry just cause I wanted a Henry. Nice little gun but a little pricey. My old bolt action Cooey is way more accurate.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately I am having the jam issues already mentioned , the gun will not extract spent or unspent shells , happened all of a sudden , worked great for the first few hundred rounds , I figured fouled chamber and did a through clean to no avail .

henry 22 lever

Quick Reply: Henry Rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.