Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger P90 DC??

Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Ruger P90 DC??

I'm looking at buying a used P90 for $375. It looks to be in very good condition. I thought the price was low, but I find out they sell new for not much more than that.
Why? Are they a good gun for home protection/plinking? It is the .45ACP.
Just curious what y'all think?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ruger P90 DC??

I have owned a bunch of the Ruger auto's probably ten some in 45 and several in 9 MM. I have shot thousands of rounds of all kinds and bullet shapes and reloads both cast and jacketed. I kid you not, I have yet to have a malfunction of any kind with any of them. No stove pipes, no failure to feed , No failure to eject. They just flat work all the time.. Clean, dirty, it does not seam to matter. All except one 9MM were plenty accurate for their intended purpose. Few thing I have ever tried have worked as flawlessly as the Ruger semi auto's.

I don't know what was wrong with the one 9MM but I could hit nothing with it. Ruger replaced it at no cost and no questions asked. I am a Ruger man and this is why.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carried the P95DC for yrs,shot thousands of rounds thru it with no problems I think(for me) it wasthe ability to decock it, it gives you that little added safty when loaded.
I carry a hammerless now in 9mm and it took a bit of time to get used to it.Wanted something alittle smaller and thinner so I now own 2 Kahrs a CW9 and CW40.......BUT......
I wouldnt think twice about getting another P__DC Ruger.Once youve had one youll understand.....But such with everything else you can get a lemon once in awhile........
Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 AM

i have one in .45 love it i'm as accurate as my $1300 kimber