Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Mad at benelli what ya think of Beretta Extrema II >

Mad at benelli what ya think of Beretta Extrema II

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Mad at benelli what ya think of Beretta Extrema II

Old 02-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mad at benelli what ya think of Beretta Extrema II

I like the beretta extrema 2 better.Gasser! Check out a brown gold 3 1/2 also. I've never had a problem with mine.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Benelli SBE. It has been an OK gun. But I recently bought a Browning Gold 10 ga for turkey hunting and there is just no comparison between the two. Browning hands down!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

I have an SBE II and love it. It is a great gun. It stays cleaner than gas operated guns do also. I payed 1300 for mine and would not trade it for 10 remingtons. Mine and my dads bird barrels both came drilled and tapped, I have noticed that some stores have barrels that are drilled and tapped and some don't. Try looking at a few different stores and see if your can find one. another bonus to the SBE II is that it is light only a hair over 7 pounds, and handles 3.5" hevi shot very well.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 AM

You guys suggesting the Remingtons and the Brownings over the Berrettas and the Benellis have hunted much in harsh conditions! The Remingtons are half price for a reason! Go with the Xtrema II you wont be disapointed!
If I was gonna go cheap I would buy a Win Super x2!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find the Benelli shotguns (M1 Super 90 and SBE II) very reliable in all sorts of weather and putting many rounds through. The "inertia bolt" loading/ejection system is the big advantage. It's easy to totally break down, clean and reassembly fast. I don't think you can say that about Extrema and most other gas operated systems. Gas systems also bleed off a small amount of the gases to operate the bolt and so tend generally to get dirty in that system exposed to burnt powder.
Benellis are lighter than most gas operated shotguns because they don't have the extraweight ofelaborate gas operation mechanism.
Why do you want to tap your receiver? If it's for mounting a scope and deer hunting, look at some of the designs that bount without taping. They fit in with the existing pins that hold the trigger assembly in place I believe.
You may like the Beretta. But I would give up my Benellis for any reason I've heard you list, so far.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

There isn't a saddlemount for the SBE II becausethey aresuposed to come drilled andtapped, those saddles are for guns that are not drilled and tapped so you don't have to pay the gunsmith. Scopes are very popular for turkey hunting.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:06 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: blue5

You guys suggesting the Remingtons and the Brownings over the Berrettas and the Benellis have hunted much in harsh conditions! The Remingtons are half price for a reason! Go with the Xtrema II you wont be disapointed!
If I was gonna go cheap I would buy a Win Super x2!
You guys suggesting, all duck hunters require a SBE or any gun over 1000 dollars, have fell hook line and sinker for good ole advertising. They have been successful at convincing you that it cost alot it must be good.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Driving back from Smithsburg this evening (sitting actually cause the snow traffic) but I thought back to when I bought the SBE II and I don't recall a factoryautoloader overbored and havinga lengthened forcing cone. I know the 935 does and the Beretta Extrema II, neither wasout then. For ducks I don't think the overbored barrel is nessary but for geese andpushing 1.5 oz of BB, BBB, and T it does matter.Actually for ducks I like a 12 gauge over under, but geese 3.5 all the way in autoloader. I admit I bought the name.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:51 AM

Berreta do own Benelli as well as Tikka .

If you can afford it the Berreta is far better, I've owned both .

I've now got an extrema and a benelli nova

stew

Quick Reply: Mad at benelli what ya think of Beretta Extrema II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.