Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Bullet Placement

Old 01-13-2007, 10:08 PM

Default RE: Bullet Placement

What is so wrong about aiming for the vitals? if you are worried about the deer running very far, either, learn to shoot better, or use a legal caliber. Neck and head shots are for people using less than legal calibers.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

No head or neck shots for me.Besides Ive only hunted with bow the last 23 yrs,well ok BP,handgun a few times when iam in the mood.
Never have belived in takeing a risky shot like that,like said befor,to much room for error.......
Old 01-14-2007, 04:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Dixie Rebel

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

As far as wasing meat, that is bogus the amount of meat that comes from the ribs of the deer isn't worth the worry. Butcher one and you'll see their is more meat off the neck then the ribs!!
I absolutely agree 100%. I couldn't have said it better than Skeeter 7mm. He is right on the money. I don't believe in head shots because of the reasons he clearly outlined.
I will take a head shot onlyif the deer is downwith its head up trying to breath.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Same as Skeeter.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Old 01-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Old 01-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Old 01-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

We've had to shoot a doe that was laying in a creek because someone tried to shoot her in the head and blew her bottom jaw off. She was laying down trying to drink because she couldn't eat or drink right. We've had to shot another one for the same reason though we seen the shot and shot her before she got away. People think if they miss they miss clean but if they move a little you blow their jaw off and they suffer and slowly starve to death.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I call BS to all these jaws shot off walking around. I've seen a total of 4 deer shot in the jaw, they dropped deader than a door nail and never twitched. I did one and even shot a pig in the face at point blank, he dropped and never moved.
I have put a .222 right through the front teeth and out the back several times, they drop and never twitch.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

I call BS to all these jaws shot off walking around. I've seen a total of 4 deer shot in the jaw, they dropped deader than a door nail and never twitched. I did one and even shot a pig in the face at point blank, he dropped and never moved.
I have put a .222 right through the front teeth and out the back several times, they drop and never twitch.
I too, have seen several deer, drop in their tracks, with a jaw shot. And several pigs too, i think a lot of people just make stuff up to fit their own opinion.

Quick Reply: Bullet Placement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.