Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Kahr pistols

Old 11-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kahr pistols

I am looking at buying a new pistol for CW,was looking at the Kahr's new PM9.
Anyone nave any expereance with any Kahr pistols.

Old 11-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kahr pistols

Personally, I think they are cheaply made. Spend a few more dollars and get a more reliable weapon. For CW, you want something proven above all else.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at one today(pm9)588.00. 14.8oz and 1.9oz for the mag.its way better then the ruger I have.and about the size of a 380.so the consealment is way better then the ruger,glock,ect....but I will have to shoot it 1st,I like the way it feels in my hand for a small 9mm.
I always have the ruger and colt and CZ75 to fall back on....
Old 11-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

When Taurus' and Kel-Tecs can be had for around $300 and under, my personal choice would be in that direction. Course it depends on your application. I've read pretty good reviews on some Kahr's a few years back.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I need to reach out.I can always go with my Kel-Tec PLR16.I was just going over my P95 Ruger and after holding the PM9,I just dont know.I am sure the P95 will reach out alittle farther and holds 15 rounds compared to 6 rounds in the PM9.But I really need to look at concealment of the two...and comfort of the two.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know. I've got the KP4043. I do like the oversized trigger guard, but the balance is horrible. I also don't like how the slide mates to the frame.

I don't agree with Brutal often, but in this case I do. For the lower priced handguns, I'd go with KelTec. If you can spend more, I'd go with the Sig.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

My dad has used his K9 for several years. Shooting every week without a jam or misfire. A friend of mine has a PM9 and he really likes it. Says it is very dependable as well.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did notice how the slide meets the frame on the Kahr,you can see right thru it,but that realy dosnt mean much now days.I need to no the reliabilty of the Handgun........comes with a 5 yr warranty,so thet has to say something about Kahr.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kahr makes pretty good stuff. A gent I work with has a .45. Nice and slim, and very light weight. I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II, for the same reasons, plenty of power in a small package.

But, I do live in the south, and it does get hot. In the summer, I don't want to wear a jacket all the time to conceal my weapon. Enter, the Smith AirLites. I have an Airlite (black) in .357. Weight is about 11oz. I replaced the rubber grips with wood, which is less inclined to catch on cloth. I often carry it in my pocket, or between my trousers and body. However, it is NOT fun to shoot by any strech, unless you are masochistic, even with .38s. It is a gun made to be carried often and shot little. Smith also does the AirWeights, which are 4 or 5 ozs heavier (although after handling the lighter one, it feels like three pounds more). The AWs are in .38. Both are double only, but I do believe smith may make a double/single, although I strongly recommend hammerless for defense. Just some food for thought.

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide on.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Swamp....
You said the magic word...Hammerless....the only pistols Ive ownd have been double/single or single.Iam new to the hammerless pistols,so its a change that Iam not takeing lightly.Iam going back to a gun shop were I know I can shoot,they have kel-tec,glock,sig,and Iam staying away from ruger autos,do not like my P95,just cant get it to group for me.I hit center mass but just not happy with it 5-6 will be tight and the rest are not so tight,Ive tried fine sighting with it and pumpkin sighting with it and its just not there,I think the grip is too small and Iam getting to much finger squeze on it..Iam going to try afew things at the range today to see if I can correct the problem,if not I will be bringing the P95 with me to the gun shop for trade in value........
will let you know what I did tomorro.
I should say.The sheriff and my Local HP were at the range and they thought I might be better off with the glock or sig...just there opinion...

Quick Reply: Kahr pistols

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.