Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Westernfield

Old 11-12-2002, 07:18 PM

Default Westernfield

I have a westernfield 12 gage that has a choke on the end i was wondering If i could shoot a slug out of that gun it dosen't say anything on the barrel about weather i can shoot slugs or not some people said i can some said no could someone help me out ...
Old 11-13-2002, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Westernfield

I'm no expert but I've shot slugs out of mine before. That being said, I would not shoot slugs out of it again because the steel used to make the barrel is very thin and mine is a full choke. That just spells trouble. If yours has an improved choke I would say it is more safe to shoot slugs out of yours than mine.Just take a rifled slug out of the shell and put it up against the muzzle to see what it has to compress down to when it exits the muzzle, something has to give and I sure don't want it to be the barrel.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"