Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 FN A3 G  Anyone have one? >

FN A3 G Anyone have one?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

FN A3 G Anyone have one?

Old 08-07-2006, 12:56 PM

Default FN A3 G Anyone have one?

Wondering if anyone out there has an FN A3 G and if so does it shoot as well as they claim? For the money (around $2000) anyone have better suggestions for a similar rifle?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:04 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: FN A3 G Anyone have one?

Never shot A3, but shoot A1 308. Wow, its the finest gun for under 1300 dollars you can find. Everything, I have loaded for it shoots less than .7MOA. I have tried bullistic tips, 168gr matchkings, and 165gr gamekings. It would be nice to have the upgraded stock.

But the really nice thing about it, is it doesn't foul, I mean at all with the chrome lined barrel.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:28 PM

Thanks for the input. I have two of their shotguns and have been impressed with them, thought I might give one of their rifles a try but with that kind of a price tag a little reassurance is nice to hear! I know from your prior posts that you are particular so that means a little more to me BC.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:16 PM
bigcountry

Thanks for the vote of confidense.

It has a mcmillian stock, model 70 reciever, chrome lined barrel, and comes with badger base. That right there is alot when you add it up. Its bascially a heavy barreled custom.

Goto gunbroker, there's a guy in PA selling them for (A1's that is) for pretty cheap. But the no fouling, and cold bore performance what really sells me.

A friend of mine got one and he said he had accuracy trouble, and Jim Owens, the developer and well known sniper, told him to bring it down to fredericksburg, VA and they would fix and fire the gun to fix the problems. It turned out to be crappy black diamond scope at its limits of adjustments. I was impressed by Mr. Owens commitment to make the gun right.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is the M1 A1 national match. This is the semi version of the M-14 and is very accurateand dependable.Parts and upgrades areavailable from many suppliers.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:15 PM

how well does the FN A3 G shoot?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:59 PM
bigcountry

The SPR A1 I shoots at least .7MOA. And its guaranteed 1MOA.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:12 AM

Here is the claim for the A3 Gfrom FN and I guess confirmed by the FBI:

"The SPR A3 G rifle, recently selected by the FBI, successfully passed 10,000 rounds while achieving sub 1/2 MOA performance."

Fairly impressive if you ask me. Considering that this claim is more than likely true I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions of offerings similar from other builders in this price range?

BC - I think the guy in PA that sells FN's on Gun Broker is named Ray Tanner, his shop is in Jamison, PA , Buck county. I bought two FN shotguns from him and that is more than likely where I will get the A3 G. I drove up there, about 1 1/2 hours from my house, he is a great guy. He buys TONS of FN products and passes thesavings along to the customer, no gimmicks.