Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Marlin Model 60 Semi-Auto .22 >

Marlin Model 60 Semi-Auto .22

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Marlin Model 60 Semi-Auto .22

Old 07-11-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Marlin Model 60 Semi-Auto .22

nay of yall use this rifle? I got one for free, and I just sighted it in. Shoots real nice, 14 shot tube feed. Great little gun. what do yall think?

-Travis-
Old 07-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Marlin Model 60 Semi-Auto .22

Ah, the old Marlin Mod 60..... I still got mine from back when I was like 14 years old. It now belongs to my daughter after she out-shot me with it at the range.{Hey, she earned it!} [8D]

The Model 60 loves CCI Stingers, from my experience. Cheap ammo will gunk it up real quick, and we all know how finicky the Model 60 can be.... It absolutely DEMANDS to be kept clean or it will start jamming on you.

Good luck with it and have a ball plinking with it and popping tree rats and maybe rabbits with it!!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 02:07 PM

I still got one of them, Great little gun.

I shoot velociters and they shoot well, But ya you do have to keep it clean.

I have tens of thousands of rounds through mine, and it still shoots fine
Old 07-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the other two. The gun must be kept clean, and I agree it likes the CCI Ammo the best. I have some American Eagle stuff that was given to me by a rancher for shooting squirrels on his land, and it just gunks the action up and wants to not feed them very well. I think I will be getting me some more CCI stuff and junking the AE. Also, I am shooting some Remington Sub Sonics right now for taking care of jack rabbits, squirrels, pests birds and other vermin around the house, and it seems to like that stuff too.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:26 PM

Thats funny, I have the same gun and it will feed any ammo I give it. It has never jammed. I shoot the hell out of it too. I get it real dirty and havent had a problem yet! I love every thing about the gun except for the 8 3/4 pound trigger pull(no joke).
Old 07-11-2006, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: gandilamont

Thats funny, I have the same gun and it will feed any ammo I give it. It has never jammed. I shoot the hell out of it too. I get it real dirty and havent had a problem yet! I love every thing about the gun except for the 8 3/4 pound trigger pull(no joke).
WOW!! I think you need to lighten that pull...

-Travis-
Old 07-11-2006, 03:47 PM

I have owned two, the first one was my first .22 when I was 14 or 15 years old. Both functioned fine as long as they had good ammo. The only issue I had was with bulk ammo from remington. Not the gun though, just crappy ammo with lots of missfires and low powder charges.

I left it with a buddy when I went in the military in the late 80's and he sort of just inherited it I guess. He never gave it back and I never really ask for it back. As far as I know it still shoots fine.

I had another one for a year or so that I got used from a co worker. I traded it in on my slug gun though. I have a 17 HMR so really don't shoot the .22's much anymore. Both of mine liked winchester ammo pretty well. I tried a whole bunch of different ammo in the last one I had and the CCI velocitors shot pretty good out of it as well. I got a few 1 inch groups at 100 yards with them. Stay away from the hyper velocity .22 shells though, they suck and made a huge mess in my 60. Probably the least accurate .22 round I have ever shot. The velocitors were almost as fast but a much better round.

Man, I bet the one I owned when I was kid had thousands upon thousands of rounds thru it and it hardley every missed a beat and was pretty accurate as well. I think they used to be 18 round tubes though?

Paul
Old 07-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like mine. shoots whatever I feed it. Close groups too. Many reds and greys fall from shots from that baby there.