Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Help with .300 Wby!!!!!! >

Help with .300 Wby!!!!!!

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Help with .300 Wby!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2002, 06:43 PM
Spike

Default Help with .300 Wby!!!!!!

I have a .300 WBY that I use for deer hunting. I know that it is a little overkill, but it was a gift from my Dad and thats why I stick with it. What brand and round do you suggest. The deer in my area are up to 225 lbs. and the farthest that I would shoot would be 300 yds. and that would be rare! I have currently been using Wby. brand in 165 gr. ballistic tip, but I am not satisfied with the accuracy that I get. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!
Old 11-06-2002, 04:54 PM

Default RE: Help with .300 Wby!!!!!!

I shoot a 300Wby some times for deer, and I have GREAT accuracy from Federals 180gr. Nosler Partition. My deer are not that big here in PA, but I get groupes of 1/2" or less at 200 yards off a rest. Also they do the job. I shot an 8 point 2 years ago at 165 yards and it dressed out at 200 lbs. the biggest buck I have ever killed. Give the a try you will switch.
Don