Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 blue or stainless steal >

blue or stainless steal

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

blue or stainless steal

Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 AM

Default blue or stainless steal

is there any performance difference between the two? i'm looking at at savage 17 hmr with thumbhole stock and there is only a 30 dollar difference betweet stainless and blue.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:01 PM

Default RE: blue or stainless steal

i like stainless due to the low maintance as far as rusting goes. but i hate it for field use. I gotta have a blued gun if i am goin to be carring it in the woods with me. -Lynn
Old 05-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

It might be personal choice on whether to go with stainless or blued. Maybe put two of the guns together and take a good look at them. Which one looks the best? As for any differences in performance, I never really thought about it. But the stainless might attract more flash then the blued gun, and that might tip off the critters you’re aiming at.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Banned

If you want the thumbhole you have to get it in stainless. I have had this gun on order FOR ETERNITY. The blued barrel comes with plain laminate stock.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Banned

Here is the 93R17BV. the thumbhole one is the 93R17BTVS. I love the thumbhole personally.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

Here is your other option in a laminate accutrigger Savage. 93R17BVSS. I myself love stainless steel and the low maintenance and looks. I have quite a few Savages and they are SHOOTERS for sure!!

Old 05-01-2006, 01:29 PM

HARDCOREHUNTER

are you sure the thumbhole on comes in stainless? my dealer said savage had one w/ a blued barrel on it to and said it was brand new. so if he was right it must be really brand new cause like you posted it is not on there website
Old 05-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Banned

Don't know. Savage doesn't show it any other way. Could be though. Go check it out at the dealer I guess. All Savage rimfires with accutrigger are new this year.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:36 PM
bigcountry

Its all personal preference. Take your pick. I myself would not get a varmit gun in stainless. as I don't see my need to spend a week long camping trip hunting with it like I would a elk/deer rifle.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Highly blued chrome moly will produce more glare than bead blasted stainless on a sunny day.

Quick Reply: blue or stainless steal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.