Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 New Remington 710 rifle >

New Remington 710 rifle

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

New Remington 710 rifle

Old 10-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Spike

Default RE: New Remington 710 rifle

ORIGINAL: flyer37

ORIGINAL: 1SHOT_1KILL

Hey non-flyer, I never said they wouldn't kill deer, I just said that you knew more about deer hunting than you do about rifles. I haven't seen anything yet, to cause a retraction of that statement. Doesn't change to fact that the 710 is junk.

Congrats to you and your son, on what sounds like a great hunting trip. You are correct that I have never taken a blacktail, as they are not found here on the east coast or the mid-west. But I have taken 300+ whitetailshere in NC and in other parts of the US.
You sir, are of suspect character and simply one of many amateur whitetail hunters! Many of the so called “Hunting shows” on television use feeders to attract deer before killing them. I would wager that you follow these suspect practices as well! I offer you a challenge, come to Oregon and attempt to hunt an elusive black tail deer. I believe you will find the habits of these creatures quite different from those you are used to hunting. (No idea what the next sentence is saying). I suspect that you would find the simple act of exiting your vehicle to be an insurmountable obstacle. With that I bid you good day sir!
^^^Fixed so us "whitetail hippies" can read and understand it.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

LMAO! Dat''s fonney rit dar, dunt kar whud yu be. Git-r-done. Thanks, Ohiohillbilly.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 PM

Ok whitetail Hillbilly!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 AM

I was brought up to get value for my money, not cheap. The 710 was and is a poorly made rifle. It was produced as a low end rifle. To bad it didnt stay in R&D a little longer. If some one bought one stike it up to a lesson learned.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rats

I was brought up to get value for my money, not cheap. The 710 was and is a poorly made rifle. It was produced as a low end rifle. To bad it didnt stay in R&D a little longer. If some one bought one stike it up to a lesson learned.
I bought a 710 a few years ago and feel no need to strike it up to a lesson learned. Not a thing has gone wrong with my 710 in the 4 years I've had it. I think I got plenty of value for my money. I wanted an inexpensive firearm that would get the job done. While the action isn't as smooth as one would like (the 770's is much smoother), the rifle shoots great groups with some of the Federal ammo I've tried. That's all I need it to do.

Hmmm....then again, maybe I could strike it up to a lesson learned. "See kids, you don't have to spend $600-1000 to get a decent hunting rifle and scope. If one day you get to hunt a lot more than we do now, then maybe you should spend that much money, but just don't think you have to spend that much to "git 'er done"".
Old 11-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

They arent all bad rifles, and its only been the small percentage of them that have had cracks in the stock (like mine did), or a failed bolt, or broken trigger guard, or some other strange thing that doesnt happen on guns all that often to tarnish the 710's name. What has made this thread so interesting is how fired up people get over owning one and having other people say negetive things about the gun that they own. Its worse than a Ford/Chevy/Dodge debate lol. I loved mine while I had it, it fit me well, was reasonably accurate and harvested me 2 deer, but once that crack appeared it was gone. A gun shouldnt have problems like that in only a few boxes of ammo through it. [>:]
Old 08-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Spike

The only thing I like about the 710 is the gun berral. It is pretty big and seem strong. I have it for almost 4 years and still good and shoot. Got one blk tail deer last year with this rifle. Though mine didn't fall for the recall. But I have 2 incident with this gun. One is when the safty button somehow return back to "on" position and I nearly blew my foot off. Second incident was when I accidently drop the gun and it discharge while it was on "Safety"... Never, never drop this gun or may cause serious injury. What I do now is pull the bolt level up so that can dissengage the fire trigger.

I won't buy cheap gun for me anymore. I will be looking toward the 1k $ big game rifle next. Marlin or Remington. But the 710 has a nice berral.

Didn't see it was an old thread... I did a search for the 710 and it pop out...
I got a 17 savage and I think the barrel is bend from a fall accident. Giong to take it in for a inspection. Saw a video of a savage barrel break apart. Probably due to defect. But some of the savage gun are great like my old 22LR savage. Savage is a good gun for it unique design.

Last edited by mongyaj; 08-30-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know this thread is old, but I'm going to respond anyway. So why do you say Savage has a weak barrel? I have never ever heard that complaint. That being said, you are away that Savage makes several bull barreled rifles right? Those certainly have even bigger barrels. If you want a great gun for the price of the 710/770's the Savage Model 10 is the way to go.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I know this thread is old, but I'm going to respond anyway. So why do you say Savage has a weak barrel? I have never ever heard that complaint. That being said, you are away that Savage makes several bull barreled rifles right? Those certainly have even bigger barrels. If you want a great gun for the price of the 710/770's the Savage Model 10 is the way to go.
I suspect that you have responded to a post that certainly looks like a joke. Hook, line, and sinker.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Spike

I own a Remington 710 30-06 and have never had a single malfunction in 5 years of use. As in most mechanical items, even if they are the same model there can be issues with one and none with another. Also depends on how one uses and maintains the rifle. I bought mine out of curiosity and have been pleased with it's performance. Sure there are different top of the line models of rifles, however for the money spent it is pure value.

Quick Reply: New Remington 710 rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.