Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Burris Scopes?

Old 04-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Burris Scopes?

TK,

I have one on my 270 wsm and what I noticed about the ballistic plex over a regular duplex is this. The ballistic plex may be dead on or somewhat close, but it gives me a reference point on that line. I shot it at a 550 yd range last week and it took me two shots to hit a clay bird. I did not hold directly on the bird with the last dash but I know that 550 is just slightly below that last dash. Unlike a regular duplex, you have a solid line with no break up. I find the ballistic duplex gives me reference points. Practice with that gun and scope to know where the bullet is hitting is most important. You can't just put the ballistic plex on a animal and pull the trigger. I used to be a VX fan but I feel for the same money I get a little more.

Hope this helps.