Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

new remingtons

Old 03-13-2006, 12:40 PM

Default new remingtons

I was wondering if any of ya'll have got to check out the new remington's made with a mauser type action and what you thought about them if you did.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:07 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: new remingtons

I think it was a risky move by remington. But if done right, could be a huge hit. In other words, they need to make sure people know they can still get claw extractor guns but now from Remington and push them just as hard or harder than they did the 700 line. I mean, keep the 700 line, but push this also. With US repeating arms doing away with mod70, this could be a hit.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:20 PM

That's what I was thinking too, with winchester having problems this is the perfect time to do it. They just have to make sure that they make them work well from the start. Not too bad of a price on them either from what I can tell.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:33 PM
bigcountry

You watch I bet we won't see them hit the shelves until fall or later

Old 03-13-2006, 03:04 PM

I looked at a few of these when Charles Daley was importing them. The seem to be well built, and fit an dfinish wasn't too bad. But, I was looking at the field grade, and these are the superior grade. I doubt if Remmy will import the field grade version though. I think the main reason CD didn't sell as many was due to advertising. If Remmy advertises right, they should sell very well. It was the same way with the Springfield Armory XD. When they were fist imported, sales were low. Once Springfield started importing them, and marketing them properly, sales went throught the roof. XD sales are now 70% of SA's total sales.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

All remmy did was screw it up. it is the same gun charles daly had but remmy step in and took over they put a junk stock on it they should have left it alone(and raise the price). the fit and finish of this gun when it was charles daly was great I own 3. leave it to remington to screw up a good thing