Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Nickname your rifle?

Old 01-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nickname your rifle?

I own a Rossi 12ga 3"magCoachgun with 181/2" bbls. Seeing as I can pull both triggers at the same time, it got thename "Thumper" cause it can thump at both ends

Ron
Old 01-27-2006, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Duckbutter48

Hey CS are you a professional hunter?(serious question) You said tools for the trade so I was curious.

Do you have scopes on these "essential" tools because I wouldnt call them essential.

On a serious note for a serious question, I professionally( professionally speaking, I am hired to control predation and varmint controls on ag land that is not within city limits, and I receive compensation for it) hunt coyotes for ranchers and farmers on my off time throughout the valley and canyons in the central Cali coast. It does bring in money, and pays for my reloads and gas with ease.When someone has a problem with losing head of cattle or what not, they either call me or a hand full of others that do the same thing, from varminting to predation control. Most of my bolt action rifles have scopes, yet most of my semi-autos like my M1a scout and my mini-ranch don't.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I call my freezer filler Orion.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Coyotestalker

ORIGINAL: Duckbutter48

Hey CS are you a professional hunter?(serious question) You said tools for the trade so I was curious.

Do you have scopes on these "essential" tools because I wouldnt call them essential.

On a serious note for a serious question, I professionally( professionally speaking, I am hired to control predation and varmint controls on ag land that is not within city limits, and I receive compensation for it) hunt coyotes for ranchers and farmers on my off time throughout the valley and canyons in the central Cali coast. It does bring in money, and pays for my reloads and gas with ease.When someone has a problem with losing head of cattle or what not, they either call me or a hand full of others that do the same thing, from varminting to predation control. Most of my bolt action rifles have scopes, yet most of my semi-autos like my M1a scout and my mini-ranch don't.

Thats pretty cool. Good luck with that, you know I was just pulling your chain a little with the fun at parties comment. We can't take everything too serious.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:31 PM

My 30-30 lever (marlin) is named cowboy!!! my ruger 9mm is named nightstand! my ithaca 20ga double is named gus! heck i think if you trust your life with something it should at least have a name!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 09:40 PM

when I had a .270 wsm I called it SAM. Short Action Magnum. Havent named my others yet
Old 02-05-2006, 06:46 AM

i call my .300 mag the buck buster it only thing it shoots.muzzle loader and bow for does
Old 02-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never named my rifles, but maybe some day??...
Old 02-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I call my oldBelgium Browning FN Mauser "ole Butkus" ...when it hits a buck it drops like Dick Butkus justnailedhim!

dd

Old 02-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

My last duty station I had an M16 assigned that I called The Widow. Haven't done nomens since then for some reason.

Quick Reply: Nickname your rifle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.