Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad >

Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad

Old 01-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad

Who all uses one of these? I am thinking about picking on up for next year. They don't make the Precision-Fit for my 870. Just wondering if it's worth spending the money on the slip on recoil pad.

I love what their products do for my bow, so when I was scrolling through their website the recoil pads caught my eye.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:28 PM

Default RE: Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad

This slip onshould work fine. You might go to theLimbsaverwebsite and compare the dimensions of some of the pre-fittted ones with the dimensions of your 870's butt. I have found one on several occasions that matches the gun almost exactly - even though it was pre fit for a completely different firearm.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:38 PM

I havent used the slip on type but I put prefits on my winchester 1300 defender shotgun and one on my .375 H&H Encore rifle. The shotgun is more fun to shoot with winchester high velocity loads from the bench now. I love the way they work. Im looking to put one of the slip ons ,on my remington mohawk 600 in .308. It has a black hard wood butt plate and even in .308 can start to make my shoulder sore with heavy loads.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am not a fan of slip on recoil pads at all. They never stay put and are incredibly ugly IMO. Not to mention that they will add another inch to the LOP of the gun and you may not want or need this aditional length.

Limb saver precision fit pads are not exactly precision fit any how. Gaps and spaces abound usually.

If you want a "precision fit" recoil pad for your 870 then look at Pachmayr pads. They make one for the 870 synthetic (post 99), 870 express wood (current model), & 870 wingmaster wood.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:56 PM

If looks are of primary importance (and I assumed they weren't because you appear to be strongly considering a slip on pad), the grind-to-fit Limbsaver is a good choice. Having used a lot of pads over the years, including the Pacmayer Decelerator, I think the Limbsaver is themost functionalone yet.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

I was a little skeptical on the claims made by Limbsaver. I have several Pachmeyer,Kickeze and Gooey pads on different guns. It wasnt until my friend Larry Wieshun gave me a couple of slip on pads to try so I said what the heck. The pads do add to LOP and are ugly but work very well, I tried them on my 300WSm, 416 Rigby and 375 H&H. I have sinceswitched to the prefit pads on the 416 and Sako 375 H&H.

It's money well spent IMHO
Old 01-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree Roskoe. The limb savers do seem to do a better job at recoil reduction than the Pachmayrs.

I just can't stand those slip on pads. [:'(]

Grind to fit is definetly the best choice. It costs more but worth it IMO.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use one. Ugly but very effective.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Since Remington now uses a Sims pad on their new guns,An R3 pad is probably available as a replacement part.I put a slip on Sims pad on my wife's 870 because it has an aftermarket Monte Carlo Stock.I really noticed a difference in felt recoil with the pad on her gun and the factory installed Sims pad on mt 870 Special Purpose.They really work great.Try checking out Remington Firearms Site and e-mailing them to find out if the new pads will fit on an older gun,I have asked them several questions and usually had a responce the next day.

Bill
Old 01-23-2006, 04:21 PM

(putting on flame suit) I just can`t see why someone would buy a rifle or shotgun or handgun that was too much for them? in this day and time shouldn`t a buyer of a weapon know what to expect i mean you don`t go a buy a .375 h&h and expect it to have the recoil of a .270 win. and i get a giggle out of those pepole that think that they need the biggest and baddest rifle at camp when they can`t stand to shoot it but everyone knows that you need a .338 ulta mag for whitetail.(flame suit off)

Quick Reply: Limbsavers Slip on Recoil Pad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.